PEDAL ACCESSORIES

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
LordJellybelly

PEDAL ACCESSORIES

Post by LordJellybelly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Having experienced my right foot slipping on accelerator I have covered it with some wire to aid adhesion. Has anybody tries this after market product? Presume it fits over existing.

Untitled.jpg

London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

Kenny R

Re: PEDAL ACCESSORIES

Post by Kenny R » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Having had these in my previous Yeti, I would stick with the original pedals as the alloy ones are style over function.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 am

I have a manual but never experienced this unless I have got a bit of diesel on my shoe and one time after it’s service . There must be something on it making it sloppy or type of shoe maybe .

The covers might be the same issue smooth rubber
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 am

C2atb wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 am
I have a manual but never experienced this unless I have got a bit of diesel on my shoe and one time after it’s service . There must be something on it making it sloppy or type of shoe maybe .

I agree. Perhaps the first place to investigate is the sole of your shoe. I drive a petrol manual and I have never experienced this problem, so have you picked up some diesel oil when filling?
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 am

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:34 am
C2atb wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 am

I agree. Perhaps the first place to investigate is the sole of your shoe. I drive a petrol manual and I have never experienced this problem, so have you picked up some diesel oil when filling?
I did comment on this previously but got no answer......
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2018&sid=c89c4cba2a ... 594ff65b34
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:47 pm

LordJellybelly wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm
Having experienced my right foot slipping on accelerator I have covered it with some wire to aid adhesion. Has anybody tries this after market product? Presume it fits over existing.

Sales on now !
http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Re some comments on oil; I have a petrol so no oil. Finally have bought and fitted accelerator accessory as pix above. Finally forced it to clip over existing, It seems OK. A not considered benefit is that it raises the level of that pedal making it closer in height to the brake for which the purchase of an overfit was in the package. Ideally brake and accelerator pedal should be at similar heights IMHO. Anyway I will sell the unused brake overfit to a sensible offer BELOW the advertised price in the catalogue.
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 pm

LordJellybelly wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm
Re some comments on oil; I have a petrol so no oil. Finally have bought and fitted accelerator accessory as pix above. Finally forced it to clip over existing, It seems OK. A not considered benefit is that it raises the level of that pedal making it closer in height to the brake for which the purchase of an overfit was in the package. Ideally brake and accelerator pedal should be at similar heights IMHO.
So you have a petrol car but don’t ever get out at a fuel station and get spilled diesel on the soles of your footwear, lucky you.
Re forcing new covers over existing are you sure that’s how they’ve to be fitted. When I fitted similar to my previous Yeti I had to remove the existing rubber cover first.
Last edited by Kenny R on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:38 pm

I considered doing as you did but decided against. The fit seems secure for now at least. And no! I can`t recollect ever spilling petrol over my shoes or stepping through the stuff.
London

arkaig

Post by arkaig » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 pm
LordJellybelly wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm
Re some comments on oil; I have a petrol so no oil. Finally have bought and fitted accelerator accessory as pix above. Finally forced it to clip over existing, It seems OK. A not considered benefit is that it raises the level of that pedal making it closer in height to the brake for which the purchase of an overfit was in the package. Ideally brake and accelerator pedal should be at similar heights IMHO.
So you have a petrol car but don’t ever get out at a fuel station and get spilled diesel on the soles of your footwear, lucky you.
Re forcing new covers over existing are you sure that’s how they’ve to be fitted. When I fitted similar to my previous Yeti I had to remove the existing ripper cover first.
Kenny - You're absolutely right - the existing rubber covers have to be removed first!
Kodiaq 190Tdi DSG L&K, Brown, DCC, Towbar, Trailer Assist, Virtual Pedal, Digi Cockpit, Rough Road Pack, Ventilated Seats, Drive Mode, Rear Seat release, Heated Steering Wheel, Roller Blinds

Ordered 20/12/18 - est del 16wks - B/W 8, ie w/e 24/2/19

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”