So long, and thanks for all the fish !

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Savage

So long, and thanks for all the fish !

Post by Savage » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:57 pm

Well its been good interacting with you guys on the forums, and I will likely pop in every now and then.
But I did feel a bit disappointed in some ways (not all) with my new Kodiaq, and it soon will be going to look for a new owner and be replaced with a Superb 280 Sportline.
I do feel Skoda QC has slipped on the K, and various smaller niggles alongside that gripe led me to my decision. Hopefully most of you will be happy with yours :)
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Colin Lambert

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish !

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Gosh! That must be the shortest ownership on record. Are your really that p*ssed off with it?
At least you are staying with Skoda. If I was Younger and not so creaky I would have gone with a Superb.
Sorry to see you go.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Savage

Post by Savage » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah, unfortunately once I get bee in me bonnet it keeps buzzing. I may be too fussy for my own good :lol:
Then get a few minor niggly random errors on top and I began to wonder what would it bring long term.
I never seemed to get on with the high up position either, despite the age friendly ease of access ! I just feel happier at car height.

I went with what I always was going to get before the Kodiaq came along, A Superb 280 4x4. Hopefully that will be as good to me as the previous 3 Skoda's I had.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am

Well at least you have taken the mantle of 'Obsessive owner' away from me. :lol: Perhaps all the takers of P will stop teasing me now!!Image
Good luck with the Superb.
p.s. For those who do not understand the heading of this thread, lookey here.
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k
Cheers,
Zaphod Beeblebrox.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Gosh Savage, I will miss your reads as you are one of the few owners with the 2.0 Tsi . I have been told mine is at the port waiting to be shipped for delivery mid September after a long wait since ordered mine mid May. I wanted an suv and chose the Kodiaq. Hope I'm not disappointed as I am now selling my jaguar XF. I hope I don't regret it. Are you really that disillusioned by it?
2.0 TSI 180PS 4x4 DSG, Quartz Grey Edition with Pan Sunroof, Park Assist, Travel Assist, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen, Service plan and extended Warranty plus a few other goodies. :P Situated in sunny Beccles - Suffolk

daveskis

Post by daveskis » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Mate just get a Superb and drive the K on weekends. You know you want to.

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Sad to see you get rid of the K but fair enough. If I had known the updated Passat with the 176kW/240PS BiTDI was only going to cost a few grand more after ordering my K I don't think I would've gone with the it...

I mean if this was available to me when ordering the K...goodbye Kodiaq... https://www.trademe.co.nz/1378606440
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Savage

Post by Savage » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:21 am

Yep very disillusioned, mostly with the build quality/material choices in some areas.
To drive there were plenty of positives, comfort, interior sound levels, etc, but still for me, the car isn't up to standard for its costs.
Granted I had near the most expensive model and with nearly 4K worth of extras, but I honestly think some of the build quality was sub-par for a modern car.
I generally change my car every 2 years, so my choice was suffer it for 2 years, or take the hit, swap it and have something that perhaps doesn't get the trade in value the K would have in 2 years, but would mean I was happier driving. I am fortunate that I was in a position to do the later.

Zach

Post by Zach » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:52 am

Well I just got offered a brand new Passat Alltrack 240PS BiTDI for $62,990. It's hard to pass, especially when it's almost $5,000 cheaper than the Kodiaq, but my Kodiaq has more features and plus with the main driver being SWMBO...don't think the extra power and Active Info Display means much.
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

AndyH

Post by AndyH » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 am

Like the idea of the Bi-turbo engine, but for me the whole design (particularly the dash) of the Passat is just so drab, and look at all those blanks by the gear selector !!

As you can possibly tell I’m not a big fan of the current VW design language. The petrol Tiguan I test drove before deciding on the Kodiaq had the active info display and I didn’t find it added much, it was limited in what you could do with the main dials and certainly couldn’t sway my purchase decision. The version in Audis is much better, more versatile with the dials size / position (RS versions are better still) but you are starting to move into serious cash. From the reports so far the display about to roll out with Skoda (and the updated Polo) looks better, at least you can ‘full screen’ the sat nav and move the dials out of the way.

But I’m happy with the Kodi . . . for now !!