New Kodiaq edition delivered....not pleased!

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Buckalec66

New Kodiaq edition delivered....not pleased!

Post by Buckalec66 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi all.

Currently own an Outdoor Superb and an Octavia. Wife runs a Citigo having had aYeti before....so we know our Skodas.

Never had one fault in any previous and current Skodas...until the new Kodiaq arrived on Monday. Delivered with a rear trim broken, no mats, missing boot protector and its first visit back to the dealer at just 2 days old!

Booked in again for Monday...Infotainment & Sat Nav completely stuffed...and don't get me started about the Skoda Connect and failed Apple car play!...

Quote from the dealer 6 months ago..."You don't need to add spec, the Edition comes with everything ". Everything that is apart from front sensors! How can a £36k car NOT come with these as standard...?

All in all a poor start to ownership...not what was hoped for. Let's hope things improve pronto

bigboss

Re: New Kodiaq edition delivered....not pleased!

Post by bigboss » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 pm

I used the online configurator to choose my spec before placing the order at the dealer. So I knew that front sensors and mats don't come as standard in any spec. (Front sensors come as standard only in SE Tech spec).
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 am

Buckalec66 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 pm
Hi all.

Currently own an Outdoor Superb and an Octavia. Wife runs a Citigo having had aYeti before....so we know our Skodas.

Never had one fault in any previous and current Skodas...until the new Kodiaq arrived on Monday. Delivered with a rear trim broken, no mats, missing boot protector and its first visit back to the dealer at just 2 days old!

Booked in again for Monday...Infotainment & Sat Nav completely stuffed...and don't get me started about the Skoda Connect and failed Apple car play!...

Quote from the dealer 6 months ago..."You don't need to add spec, the Edition comes with everything ". Everything that is apart from front sensors! How can a £36k car NOT come with these as standard...?

All in all a poor start to ownership...not what was hoped for. Let's hope things improve pronto
Yet ANOTHER happy customer!!
They need to be told that their wonderful new Flagship is, in some cases. leaking!!
Write to them. the more who complain the more we may get done to put these inexcusable cock-ups right. What a shame they are , in many cases, spoiling a fantastic car!
Skoda Customer Service <customer.services@skoda.co.uk> FAO Executive Office
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

AndyH

Post by AndyH » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:49 am

Hang on Colin, I get that you are into Skoda bashing at the moment and no doubt any time soon will be getting your pitch fork out, but an unhappy customer . . . for not doing due diligence and checking spec when spending 36k on a new car? That is hardly Skoda UK's fault. Like the other issues raised, the contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer. If the car was mis-sold (and good luck proving that one in a court) reject it. The PDI on this vehicle seems to be woeful, again a dealer issue.

Have you considered a Dacia Duster Colin? It has the pipe and slippers appeal of a Yeti, doesn't have two seats you will never use, is virtually absent from the electronic dross that is obviously keeping you up at night, but it did get 7/10 from Top Gear - who knew?

Plodd

Post by Plodd » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:55 am

Inexcusable cock-ups?

Broken trim should have been found by dealer on PDI, not Skoda's fault. No mats or 'boot protector'? Not sure what the
boot protector is but I knew mine wasn't coming with mats so again, not Skoda's fault.

I knew mine wasn't coming with front parking sensors so I ordered them. Again, not Skoda's fault the purchaser didn't know what
they were buying.

Faulty infotainment is a pain but I would hope is an easy fix. These things happen that's why they come with warranty.

I have to agree with AndyH a bit of an overreaction.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4X4 DSG SE L in Business Grey. Replacing an SE 150 DSG diesel in moon white.

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:43 am

Plodd wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:55 am
Inexcusable cock-ups?

Broken trim should have been found by dealer on PDI, not Skoda's fault. No mats or 'boot protector'? Not sure what the
boot protector is but I knew mine wasn't coming with mats so again, not Skoda's fault.

I knew mine wasn't coming with front parking sensors so I ordered them. Again, not Skoda's fault the purchaser didn't know what
they were buying.

Faulty infotainment is a pain but I would hope is an easy fix. These things happen that's why they come with warranty.

I have to agree with AndyH a bit of an overreaction.
+1
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 am

That is nowhere near as bad as my first Octavia 3 - the entire dashboard had to be removed to repair the wiring loom where it had been trapped between the dash and the bulkhead during assembly at the factory and it had cut through the wires for the dashboard and switch illumination. So absolutely no illumination of switches or downlighters. It even had a fault code logged for a short to earth.

I bought it as an ex-demonstrator, the service manager of Simpsons had been driving round in it for 6 months and hadn't noticed. It had even had its first service at 10k (Simpsons again) and the fault code hadn't been picked up. The first time I drove it at night it was immediately apparent. I booked it back in to Simpsons within 2 days of picking it up and their initial response was 'the switches don't illuminate, it never has, I should know I had this car for 6 months'. At which point I showed them one in the showroom and a print out of the fault code. But then again, it was Simpsons, just shows the quality of their PDI, servicing and staff!
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Andy, Andyvee & Plod.
Why I am so cross is that I don't think the PDI would cover such things as the call buttons. As I understand it the customer has to supply details of their connect account. The dealer cannot just connect the call buttons and therefore COULD NOT have checked on PDI. My dealer spent nearly an hour trying to get them connected and they simply would not!
In defence of my dealer. Mine is the only Kodiaq he has had delivered to date and the Service department said that on their course the electronics side of the teaching was rushed through very quickly. I am going in on the 3rd July (first date I could manage)

I don't know about the autonomous braking. Apart from the fact it seems to have mind of it's own.
SUK told me the pan roof will close when it rains as long as the car has rain sensitive wipers. (The Yetis did) I have looked everywhere on the car set up on the ICE and there is NO option for rain closure of the roof.
Photographs and videos on ICE. Not essential I know, but it DID work and now it doesn't!.

Creaking door pulls. Only creaking on mine at the moment but others have had to have their complete door cards replaced through faulty workmanship.
Other's complaints that I mentioned.
Stained (bit oxymoronic here :lol: ) Stainless steel trim. Should have been dealt with by dealer but wasn't. Should not have happened in the first place. Ferrous oxide on the bumper , again should not happen in the first place, but dealer should have sorted it.
I am only a poor old pensioner ;) and paid hard earned retirement cash for my car.
I know the Kodiaq is the most complicated car electronically that Skoda have produced, but all the gizmology therein has been on VDubs for ages. So Skoda should have got it right.

You must have a very lenient attitude if you are prepared to pay North of £30k for a car with so many , albeit, not earth shattering, faults, but of all the new cars I have owned , admittedly far less 'electronic', The Kodiaq is THE worst for faults. So saying, all the electronic cr@p aside. It is still the best car of the 76 I have owned and I love it to bits.

As I have said before I have a first class relationship with Meadens, they have a HUGE and brilliant reputation and have justifiably been Skoda Dealer of the Year last year. They only missed it this year because of having a new showroom built.
I have every faith in them to get it put right.

My gripe is they should NOT HAVE TO put all these faults right on Skoda's much vaunted Flagship model and I have to travel 40 miles and waste half a day on multiple occasions to sort out faults that should not be there in the first place.

I admit I am old fashioned and a perfectionist. I neither expect nor will lie down quietly and put up with things that should not happen.
I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, I just hope your cars are faultless.

One of the points of fora is that members should be able to express their opinions. I don't want arguements and I value other's opinions whether or not they agree or disagree with mine. :D
Anyway all. Have a super weekend driving around in our brilliant Kodiaqs.
TTFN.
p.s. I only mentioned other's problems in my rant to Skoda to try and help get them resolved. If SUK don't know about them they can't complain to the factory .
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:17 pm

andyvee wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 am
That is nowhere near as bad as my first Octavia 3 - the entire dashboard had to be removed to repair the wiring loom where it had been trapped between the dash and the bulkhead during assembly at the factory and it had cut through the wires for the dashboard and switch illumination. So absolutely no illumination of switches or downlighters. It even had a fault code logged for a short to earth.

I bought it as an ex-demonstrator, the service manager of Simpsons had been driving round in it for 6 months and hadn't noticed. It had even had its first service at 10k (Simpsons again) and the fault code hadn't been picked up. The first time I drove it at night it was immediately apparent. I booked it back in to Simpsons within 2 days of picking it up and their initial response was 'the switches don't illuminate, it never has, I should know I had this car for 6 months'. At which point I showed them one in the showroom and a print out of the fault code. But then again, it was Simpsons, just shows the quality of their PDI, servicing and staff!
You were damn lucky you didn't have an automotive bonfire on your hands.
[color=#00

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:17 pm
andyvee wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 am

You were damn lucky you didn't have an automotive bonfire on your hands.
Agreed, and Simpsons couldn't give a monkeys that they had sold me a 6mth old ex-demo with such a serious fault that they had failed to notice yet were using the car daily and had just serviced it and prepared for sale as a Skoda Approved vehicle with its 100+ supposed checks.

I ended up getting rid of the car as it was riddled with electrical faults from that point onwards, start/stop errors, replacement BCM, replacement Columbus, replacement CAN Gateway plus more. Skoda UK Executive office basically bought me out of the car as Simpsons washed their hands of it.

Unfortunately someone somewhere is driving round in it, I hope they got it cheap enough.

Return to “Introductions”