New kodiaq ordered

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ljhnorth

New kodiaq ordered

Post by Ljhnorth » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi!

I’ve ordered my kodiaq 1.5 SE L DSG in black magic and black triglavs 3 weeks ago with a 12 week wait. No build week yet though. Has anyone else heard of wait times being longer than this? And any info on potential import charges due to brexit?

Thanks!
Kodiaq SEL 1.5 dsg black magic, black Triglav, virtual dash, front isofix, heated windscreen, adaptive headlights, Leather

Newcastle upon Tyne

Colin Lambert

Re: New kodiaq ordered

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:17 am

Welcome to the forum and congrats on ordering your Kodiaq.
I have heard nothing about any delays for either of the points you raise. Sorry.
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Gaffa4000

Post by Gaffa4000 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Congratulations! Ordered mine on Sunday, no mention of any import taxes etc however I was told there was a 20 build time and my order sheet shows delivery for end of March.

Suits me though as it will be on the new reg
1.4 TSI 150bhp Edition DSG 4x2, Brilliant Silver

aerodynamic18

Post by aerodynamic18 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm

march for me too. I did see Skoda posted if you order before December you won't be subject to any Brexit charges that come about!
SE-L 7 seater,petrol blue 2.0 4x4 manual. With canton, led interior pack, kids pack, rear camera, front and rear sensors, colour maxi dot, floor mats, space saver wheel and mudflaps.
New kodiaq ordered. Sport line. Race blue. 2.0l tsi 190bhp 4x4 dsg.

amarsirohi

Post by amarsirohi » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am

Congratulation!

We ordered ours yesterday after researching and comparing for half a year. Nothing out there with this price/value offering. Ours is Style 2.0TDI 200 4x4 DSG Business Grey + number of extras. Finally cost us €38500 OTR. Delivery in 4 months/16 weeks.
Now the wait start to get it and start enjoying the car.
2021 Style 2.0TDI 200 4x4 DSG Business Grey

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:10 am

Ljhnorth wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:30 pm
And any info on potential import charges due to brexit?

Thanks!
DriveTheDeal is probably better that anyone I know for having up to date information on current deals. The situation at present is:

Skoda are price protecting all orders placed by 2 December 2020 subject to you taking delivery of the car by 31 March 2021 Skoda reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time and then only orders already placed with the dealer will benefit, so to ensure you obtain this price protection it is best to order as soon as possible and no later than 1 December. Other terms and conditions apply.

The discounted quotes shown include a £3,500 finance deposit contribution which is conditional upon you taking out PCP finance at 3.9% APR Representative over 18 to 49 months with a 0% - 30% deposit arranged by the dealer. If you do not wish to take out this finance, then you will need to add £3,500 to the prices that we quote.

Skoda are also offering 2 years servicing for a reduced price of £159 if you take Skoda PCP finance. Please request this on ordering. Terms and conditions apply.

SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:15 am

Can I add a note of caution here, for anyone ordering a new car? Although the purchase price may be protected, the manufacturer's list price isn't. If you get close to the £40K limit (ie where the VED has a large increase) and there's a price rise between now and when you take delivery, you may breach this limit and have to pay the extra VED (although the first year will likely be absorbed since it will have been included in the quoted OTR price).
Kodiaq Edition 2.0TSi Business Grey, with some extras

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:28 pm

SinglePointSafety wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:15 am
Can I add a note of caution here, for anyone ordering a new car? Although the purchase price may be protected, the manufacturer's list price isn't. If you get close to the £40K limit (ie where the VED has a large increase) and there's a price rise between now and when you take delivery, you may breach this limit and have to pay the extra VED (although the first year will likely be absorbed since it will have been included in the quoted OTR price).
That's a very good point well made.

On the subject of those higher VED rates, it might also be worth pointing out what qualifies as a list price because there is so much confusion, even between the professionals selling cars - they should know better. When I was looking around for a replacement car, I was taken aback by just how many salesfolk gave poor advice on both VED and PCP. ( or perhaps they were being deliberately misleading? ).

The list price does NOT include the registration fee ( £55 ) nor the 1st year VED.

First year VED is further complicated as your new diesel may well be RDE2 compliant.

VED.JPG

Using the following as examples,

A 2.0tsi DSG 190 Sportline with no options will have a co2 figure of 198g/km.
So that's £40k + £55 + £1305 = £41360 you can spend before moving to the higher annual VED rate.

A 2.0tdi DSG 190 Sportline with no options will have a co2 figure of 185g/km.
So that's £40k + £55 + £1305 = £41360 you can spend before moving to the higher VED rate. ( this older engine is RDE1 remember )

A 2.0tdi DSG 200 Sportline with no option will have a co2 figure of 176g/km
So that's £40k + £55 + £870 = £40925 you can spend before moving to higher tax rate. ( the 200 engine is now RDE2 )

So it's always worth noting that £40k figure isn't what determines the higher rate of VAT - you have to take into account how the co2 and cost of the option adds to the car before being hit for the higher rate tax. ( Told you it was a complicated business :lol: No wonder people get it wrong ).

That's the reason you'll see lots of diesel Sportline 190bhp pre-reg cars in dealerships at the moment with few extras, or at least extras that don't add any weight thus affecting the Co2 and attracting the higher tax rate. So if you do happen to see a del miles tdi190 with a sunroof, you'll know that the saleperson who ordered it has probably been given their P45 by now because they got their sums wrong. That car will be very hard to shift mearly because of the higher VED.

Sorry about the lenghty post but it's worth keeping in mind.

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:29 pm

JamieK wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:28 pm
SinglePointSafety wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:15 am
That's a very good point well made.

On the subject of those higher VED rates, it might also be worth pointing out what qualifies as a list price because there is so much confusion, even between the professionals selling cars - they should know better. When I was looking around for a replacement car, I was taken aback by just how many salesfolk gave poor advice on both VED and PCP. ( or perhaps they were being deliberately misleading? ).

The list price does NOT include the registration fee ( £55 ) nor the 1st year VED.

First year VED is further complicated as your new diesel may well be RDE2 compliant.

VED.JPG

Using the following as examples,

A 2.0tsi DSG 190 Sportline with no options will have a co2 figure of 198g/km.
So that's £40k + £55 + £1305 = £41360 you can spend before moving to the higher annual VED rate.

A 2.0tdi DSG 190 Sportline with no options will have a co2 figure of 185g/km.
So that's £40k + £55 + £1305 = £41360 you can spend before moving to the higher VED rate. ( this older engine is RDE1 remember )

A 2.0tdi DSG 200 Sportline with no option will have a co2 figure of 176g/km
So that's £40k + £55 + £870 = £40925 you can spend before moving to higher tax rate. ( the 200 engine is now RDE2 )

So it's always worth noting that £40k figure isn't what determines the higher rate of VAT - you have to take into account how the co2 and cost of the option adds to the car before being hit for the higher rate tax. ( Told you it was a complicated business :lol: No wonder people get it wrong ).

That's the reason you'll see lots of diesel Sportline 190bhp pre-reg cars in dealerships at the moment with few extras, or at least extras that don't add any weight thus affecting the Co2 and attracting the higher tax rate. So if you do happen to see a del miles tdi190 with a sunroof, you'll know that the saleperson who ordered it has probably been given their P45 by now because they got their sums wrong. That car will be very hard to shift mearly because of the higher VED.

Sorry about the lenghty post but it's worth keeping in mind.

SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 am

JamieK is totally correct when he says that salespeople will either get this VED issue wrong and/or lie to you: that's what happened to me, although it was rapidly resolved to my total satisfaction.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0TSi Business Grey, with some extras