First Kodiaq arriving this week (early!)

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
JamieK

Re: First Kodiaq arriving this week (early!)

Post by JamieK » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:48 pm

JamieK wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 pm
I may have more questions for you in the near future
And here's the first. Is it true that MY21 doesn't come with removable torch?

gbco

Post by gbco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 pm

JamieK wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:48 pm
JamieK wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 pm
I may have more questions for you in the near future
And here's the first. Is it true that MY21 doesn't come with removable torch?
Yup, just a blank cover over the spot for the removable torch.
Just for my own sanity, I did go and check for a DVD slot just now but definitely nothing there - and searching the digital manual in the app (obviously not guaranteed to be right, but...) didn’t have any entry for “DVD”.

Sadly no paddle shifters with this DSG, only manual control is to knock the DSG gear shifter left and you can toggle up and down the gears with push/pull.

I’ve also just popped out to activate Skoda Connect for my user profile - in the Skoda shop it was free “£0” but not sure if that’s only for the first year. Anyway, a few useful bits of info in there.
2020 Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TSI, 4WD, DSG, 7 seater, Emerald Green, Guildford

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks again.

Would have liked a DVD but can't be helped. Only ever used a torch once and was unimpressed - torch on mobile phone 10x better. At least it'll stop those annoying 'simply clever' YouTube reviews where everyone seems to concentrate on torches, ice scrapers and umbrellas.

You gave me a heart attack re: no paddle shifter. Searched Autotrader for the few photos of MY21 Kodiaq on sale and it seems only the 3 spoke steering wheels have paddle shifters.

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:33 pm

JamieK wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:11 am
Searched Autotrader for the few photos of MY21 Kodiaq on sale and it seems only the 3 spoke steering wheels have paddle shifters.
And then I look at the owners manual and see a picture of a 2 spoke wheel with paddles. I'll pick up my coat on the way out.

Zach

Post by Zach » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:20 am

From what I understand I think getting the travel assist package (or whatever the driver assist package is called) gives you the 3-spoke steering wheel?
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

NewtoSkoda2020

Post by NewtoSkoda2020 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:07 pm

So went to pick up my brand new Kodiaq last week, in petrol blue. Looked lovely, but we found a deep scratch and dent on the drivers side door and bonnet side panel. Safe to say we were not impressed! Dealer doing a repair, for pick up later this week. It's taken the edge of getting the car now, but hoping all will be well and we can take home happy to enjoy!

old man

Post by old man » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 pm

What an absolute bummer ! That's very poor service from your dealer - somebody knew those defects were there and they should have been rectified before you picked it up.
Shame you can't reject it. New means new, not repaired.

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 pm

old man wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 pm
Shame you can't reject it. New means new, not repaired.
New means you're the first owner and you should expect be no defects on the car at collection. But that's not to say it's already been repaired.

What this shows is we should all check our cars before driving off the forecourt and never assume the car is perfect.

Anything can happen during transportation from the factory - something as simple as a stone could hit one of the cars on the transporter. How can you imply the damaged car that's delivered isn't new? :roll:

It may be the dealer's fault for not noticing it but then again, who's to say the damage didn't occur between the salesperson having the car ready for collection and the collection itself? Nobody is going to keep an eye on it 24x7.

I'm surprised it wasn't flagged at the PDI so will give the dearer the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully the garage has made sure this causes as little inconvenience to the owner as possible. I'd see it as an opportunity for the dealer to throw in some goodwill - free tank of fuel? Discount off parts etc.

NewtoSkoda2020

Post by NewtoSkoda2020 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Now have the car on the drive and really pleased with it. Repair work seems good and we did get that free tank of fuel! Time will tell.

Looking forward to using and getting used to it this weekend. I'm sure it won't be long until the kids make some scratches, but at least they'll be ours to make!

BTW the car came with textile floor mats, but none for the third row, are they missing or is that standard?

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 am

The 3rd row mats are only available in carpet and not rubber and are not standard fit. Having kids you would have been better getting rubber mats and the rubber tunnel mat.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.