First Kodiaq arriving this week (early!)

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
gbco

First Kodiaq arriving this week (early!)

Post by gbco » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi all, about to trade in a Disco Sport HSE (our second) for a Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TSI DSG in Emerald Green. We live in Guildford but bought from Azure Skoda in Chichester,

With a growing family, looking forward to having a bit more space - not to mention the (hopefully, but seems likely) increased reliability! :) Not my first Skoda as I learnt to drive in a Fabia.

Ordered 20 July with an ETA of mid-October but it arrived in the UK last week and will be picking up on Thursday.

EDIT:
We added Virtual Cockpit, ACC, Family Pack, Heated Windscreen, ISOFIX on Front Passenger Seat, Leather Seats, Rear Camera, Towbar Prep. The order form shows the Triglav black glossies which I don’t think we ordered but I do like them so...
2020 Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TSI, 4WD, DSG, 7 seater, Emerald Green, Guildford

NewtoSkoda2020

Re: First Kodiaq arriving this week (early!)

Post by NewtoSkoda2020 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:44 pm

Great spec. I'll be picking up mine soon hopefully just been told it's in transit in the channel. Were you told which build week your car was so I can try and work out likely arrival for mine?

gbco

Post by gbco » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Sorry, I can’t recall what week they said - I can tell you I got my official Skoda email saying they’d received my order on 30 July. ETA at the time was 14th October but it arrived at the UK port last Wednesday and got to the dealer today. They usually estimate 10-14 days for delivery from the port but clearly this was much faster.
Fingers crossed you also see an earlier delivery!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:40 am

Welcome, both of you, to the forum.
It is so sad that LR have gone down the pan re reliability. I had 2 series III (long and short) and 2 Early Discos. All were faultless. In spite of the Series having done galactic mileages.
Judging by the motoring press I don't think I would have one as a present now.

I am on my 8th Skoda and have only had 2 very minor problems in total.
You have done the right thing!
Any questions.....feel free to ask. Somebody is bound to have the answer,
Good luck.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

gbco

Post by gbco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:33 am

Delighted with mine! I collected this morning and then had a nice sunny drive from the coast home to Guildford.
I got a MY21 model and so it has USB-C sockets.

1CC53415-E34F-440D-B33F-463862BF6CB3.jpeg

FD2ED2AE-5C5A-4115-B6E7-5F7BA4EB9520.jpeg

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Congratulations!

I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I do like the black Triglav wheels.
I have the "plain" Triglavs (*) and although I don't think they are ugly, yours look nicer.

Entirely up to you of course, but I would suggest getting some floor mats. Either fabric or rubber depending on where you live and how many kids you have.

PS: I presume the green squiggly line between the side-view mirror and the bonnet is just a "whoopsie"?

(*) my new car is stock so had no choice, because I found out 4/5 months before the PCP ended that the waiting list for a factory build is 8 months
MY21 SE-L 1.5 TSI, DSG , Business Grey, Front DashCam

gbco

Post by gbco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks @iwarv.

Yes we're super pleased with the black Triglavs - I thought they might look odd against chrome trim elsewhere but with the black roof rails and the fact they're not ALL black, they look great with Emerald Green.
I have a bootliner and some Travall rubber mats on order, plus some protectors for under our 2 child seats (bought as soon as I lifted out the ISOFix bases from our Disco! :shock: ).

The new-style steering wheel is nice, I also got a wireless charging pad as standard which I'm pretty sure wasn't in the MY20 config.

PS green squiggly line not on the options list - toddler fingers on the iPad! :lol:

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:06 pm

Congratulations on the new car.

Wonder if you could tell me a few things about the MY21 - Do you have a usb-c socket up near the rear-view mirror? Do you have a DVD and / or SD cards in the glovebox? Is the new voice assistant, Laura understand normal speech? The previous voice assistant was rubbish, just wondering if 'Laura' is as easy to use as the brochure makes out.

gbco

Post by gbco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Of course!
No USB-C socket near the mirror - I’ve read it will be an option.
No DVD or SD cards in the glovebox.
I haven’t tested the voice assistant yet as to be honest went straight to Apple CarPlay for the drive home! Will report back when I do.
JamieK wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:06 pm
Congratulations on the new car.

Wonder if you could tell me a few things about the MY21 - Do you have a usb-c socket up near the rear-view mirror? Do you have a DVD and / or SD cards in the glovebox? Is the new voice assistant, Laura understand normal speech? The previous voice assistant was rubbish, just wondering if 'Laura' is as easy to use as the brochure makes out.

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 pm

gbco wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 pm
Of course!
No USB-C socket near the mirror - I’ve read it will be an option.
No DVD or SD cards in the glovebox.
I haven’t tested the voice assistant yet as to be honest went straight to Apple CarPlay for the drive home! Will report back when I do.
Much appreciated - thanks. You've told me more in 5 mins than it's taken Skoda Customer services in 5 weeks ! And they're still not sure.

The USB-C for the dashcam wasn't available when I ordered, it only made an appearance on the options list several weeks after the MY21 configurator went live. I thought they may have therefore included it as standard - no such luck. Running a cable down the A-pillar is much cheaper than the £200 odd quid for that power socket.

I've read various things about CDs and DVDs but never read anyone say Yes or No for definite. I'd contacted Skoda via Chat and email and telephone, basically they said check their web. But if you do that, then you could read it has no mention of DVD as per the pricelist or if you look 1/3 of the way down under "interior"column https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/kodiaq/se-l the specs say it does have a DVD drive. :roll:

They also mentioned DSG cars came with aluminium paddle shifters but that seems to have disappeared from the specs in the last few weeks.

I may have more questions for you in the near future :lol:

Thanks again.