About to pull the trigger 1.5 SE L Kodiaq (w/toys)

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
DivineWind

About to pull the trigger 1.5 SE L Kodiaq (w/toys)

Post by DivineWind » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 am

Ello all,

Hope yer all well

So I was meant to be getting a lease Kodiaq at the beginning of the year and that fell thru.
Ended up "buying" a Ford, thats now been rejected and Im back after a kodiaq

So about to pull the trigger, any advice ov

1.5 TSI SEL Kodiaq 7 Seat

Meteor Grey

With the following:

Additional equipment included in price
Waste bin in door panel
£30
Temporary steel space saver spare wheel with tool kit and jack (145/85 R18)
£155
Electrically operated boot with Kick activation (Virtual Pedal)
£210
Electrically folding towbar with adaptor
£890
Heated windscreen with heated windscreen washer nozzles
£345
Virtual Cockpit - 10.25" digital display
£470
Manual roller blinds for rear windows
£205
Black roof headlining
£0
Rear view camera with full LED rear lights
£405
Personalisation of drive mode selection
£45
Panoramic sunroof
£1,205
High beam assist
£205
Folding tables on the front seat backrests
£130
Leather - Black
£350
Family pack - Kodiaq
£180
LED Interior Light pack - Kodiaq SE L / Edition
£205
Rough Road pack - Kodiaq
£305

the Price I've been given is £28,573 and I must say Im mighty tempted to click the go ahead button

Why Does Adding the space saver wheel remove the variable boot floor? I thought the spare went under the middle row? Does it go int he boot?

Is there anything that should be added that may mean I can just add other bits by VCDS coding in the future? (Or anything I can remove that can be coded later)

Im gonna ask for the additional 5Yr Warranty (650 I think) as it doesnt show on carwow

The other Bit Im not sure on is the Chrome pack included with the SEL - Im having trouble finding what it actually includes.

But against the meteor Grey Im thinking Im gonna prefer black.

Any pointers or advice welcome :)

Cheers chaps and heres hoping I can get this ordered within the next few days

Wayne

Kenny R

Re: About to pull the trigger 1.5 SE L Kodiaq (w/toys)

Post by Kenny R » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 am

I see you’ve clicked the family pack, this includes blinds on the rear windows and waste bin so you can omit them from your list.
Unless you intend taking it seriously off road where it’s not intended, I would skip the rough road package.
Personally I would skip the sun roof, whilst nice to look at it’s almost guaranteed to cause problems at some point.
The standard Alcantara seats are much better than the cold in winter, hot in summer slippery
leather option.
For me from the rest, heated windscreen and spare wheel, rear camera are the only must haves,
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:49 am

Welcome Kamikaze! ;)
Do you REALLY need all that extra kit?
It may be cheaper to go up to L&K
I assume you have kids?
My personal choice would delete those marked below as being a waste of money. but obviously your needs are probably quite different from mine. Personally I would always have leather. I have never found it cold in winter or hot in summer and certainly NOT slippery as all the Skoda leather I have had has a 'grain' which stops you sliding about and if you DO have kids, I would say it is essential.
You sound as though you, lile me, are a bit of a car 'nut'. you will therefore like a nice clean car. If you buy black, you can say goodbye to a couple of hours every weekend.......Black shows every mark. You will be washing it for ever!! I've only ever had one black car....never again!
I have had 78 cars in total, all shapes & sizes, petrol & diesel 4WD and 2WD and 8 Skodas and 57 years driving. So I do have a bit of experience! ;)
Whatever you decide , I am sure you will love your Kodiaq, Good luck.

Waste bin in door panel. What's wrong with a carrierbag for the kids rubbish
£30
Temporary steel space saver spare wheel with tool kit and jack (145/85 R18)ESSENTIAL. A puncture repaired with the 'GUNGE' kit will cost you £168 for a new tyre instead of £20 for a normal puncture repair!
£155
Electrically operated boot with Kick activation (Virtual Pedal)Waste of time and not that t reliable
£210
Electrically folding towbar with adaptor Only if you DO NEED IT
£890
Heated windscreen with heated windscreen washer nozzles Where you live, yes,
£345
Virtual Cockpit - 10.25" digital displayPersonal choice, not for me-but thn I am very old! :lol:
£470
Manual roller blinds for rear windows Yes if you have young kids, otherwise no
£205
Black roof headliningYou have no choice & with a pan roof is really irrelevant
£0
Rear view camera with full LED rear lightsHaven't checked recently but rear camera used to be standard on SE L in which case you are paying £405 for LEDs Why bother ? normal lights are very bright anyway
£405
Personalisation of drive mode selectionBet you only set it to what you want once and never alter it
£45
Panoramic sunroofAbsolutely essential for me. Won't buy a car without a sun roof!
£1,205
High beam assistquite useful if you are too lazy to operetae the dipswitch :lol:
£205
Folding tables on the front seat backrestsKids? Yes
£130
Leather - BlackKids? Black. Otherwise cream
£350
Family pack - Kodiaqpresumably for kids?
£180
LED Interior Light pack - Kodiaq SE L / EditionNot for me but again your choice. If for kids, you shouldn't drive with interior light on
£205
Rough Road pack - KodiaqONLY if you are doing some serious off roading (& the Kodiaq will never beat a LandRover if you aren't going off road or just on a grass field, don't bother
£305
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:49 am
Welcome Kamikaze! ;)
I assume you have kids?
My personal choice would delete those marked below as being a waste of money. but obviously your needs are probably quite different from mine. Personally I would always have leather. I have never found it cold in winter or hot in summer and certainly NOT slippery as all the Skoda leather I have had has a 'grain' which stops you sliding about and if you DO have kids, I would say it is essential.
You sound as though you, lile me, are a bit of a car 'nut'. you will therefore like a nice clean car. If you buy black, you can say goodbye to a couple of hours every weekend.......Black shows every mark. You will be washing it for ever!! I've only ever had one black car....never again!
I have had 78 cars in total, all shapes & sizes, petrol & diesel 4WD and 2WD and 8 Skodas and 57 years driving. So I do have a bit of experience! ;)

£30
Temporary steel space saver spare wheel with tool kit and jack (145/85 R18)ESSENTIAL. A puncture repaired with the 'GUNGE' kit will cost you £168 for a new tyre instead of £20 for a normal puncture repair!
£155
Electrically operated boot with Kick activation (Virtual Pedal)Waste of time and not that t reliable
£210
£890
£345
Virtual Cockpit - 10.25" digital displayPersonal choice, not for me-but thn I am very old! :lol:
£470
£205
£0
Rear view camera with full LED rear lightsHaven't checked recently but rear camera used to be standard on SE L in which case you are paying £405 for LEDs Why bother ? normal lights are very bright anyway
£405
Personalisation of drive mode selectionBet you only set it to what you want once and never alter it
£45
Panoramic sunroofAbsolutely essential for me. Won't buy a car without a sun roof!
£1,205
High beam assistquite useful if you are too lazy to operetae the dipswitch :lol:
£205
£130
£350
£180
LED Interior Light pack - Kodiaq SE L / EditionNot for me but again your choice. If for kids, you shouldn't drive with interior light on
£205
Rough Road pack - KodiaqONLY if you are doing some serious off roading (& the Kodiaq will never beat a LandRover if you aren't going off road or just on a grass field, don't bother
£305
Colin, as far as I remember the SE L has never had a rear reversing camera as standard, it had reversing sensors only. The Edition and Sportline are essentially SE L’s with added kit and aesthetic changes and up to MY20 they definitely don’t have rear view cameras as standard.

For me the Virtual Cockpit and driver personalisation are definitely worth it.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 am

My aged brain may be failing me ! You may well be correct.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

DivineWind

Post by DivineWind » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm
Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:49 am
Welcome Kamikaze! ;)
I assume you have kids?

£30
£155
£210
£890
£345
£470
£205
£0
£405
£45
£1,205
£205
£130
£350
£180
£205
£305
Colin, as far as I remember the SE L has never had a rear reversing camera as standard, it had reversing sensors only. The Edition and Sportline are essentially SE L’s with added kit and aesthetic changes and up to MY20 they definitely don’t have rear view cameras as standard.

For me the Virtual Cockpit and driver personalisation are definitely worth it.
Yeah I really like the virtual cockpit, looks way better than dials.

As the car already has drive mode selection the only addon is the personalisation I only added it as for £45 quid yes you get the memory setting but you also receive an extra full key!

If you ever lose a key I bet skoda dealers charge infinitely more than 45 for a new key and to recode it. Makes sense

DivineWind

Post by DivineWind » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Removed:

Rough road
Hibeam assist (added sign recognition tho to keep the camera fitted hoping to recode the Hibeam in vcds)

Rough road package.

Roller blinds and waste bins are included in the family pack it's just how car wow shows it.

Removed virtual boot pedal thing, but can anyone confirm if pressing and holding the boot realise button auto raises it?

Aye towbar and sunroof are deffo 100% needed, I'm canny short so with bikes on top I may need to carry around a step lmao. Gonna go with a towbar mounted carrier as will be lugging about 4 bikes soon

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 pm

DivineWind wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm
Removed:

Rough road
Hibeam assist (added sign recognition tho to keep the camera fitted hoping to recode the Hibeam in vcds)

Rough road package.

Roller blinds and waste bins are included in the family pack it's just how car wow shows it.

Removed virtual boot pedal thing, but can anyone confirm if pressing and holding the boot realise button auto raises it?

Aye towbar and sunroof are deffo 100% needed, I'm canny short so with bikes on top I may need to carry around a step lmao. Gonna go with a towbar mounted carrier as will be lugging about 4 bikes soon
Yes by holding down the key fob button it will automatically raise the boot. Holding down the lock and unlock buttons automatically winds all the windows down and up, think you can change that to only the fronts but I have never really needed that function.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey