Tap tap tap. Testing one, two, three. Is this thing on?

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
CaptainBeaky

Tap tap tap. Testing one, two, three. Is this thing on?

Post by CaptainBeaky » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 am

Hi all

Another newish Kodiaq owner checking in - 2.0 TDI 150 7 seater, lurking within the Sevenoaks Triangle (formed by the M20/25/26). It’s a bit like the Bermuda Triangle, but with more pubs and slightly less chance of disappearing.

Found this place while looking for boot liners...

I’ve come to Skoda ownership from an ageing Toyota Surf - 22 years and 150k miles - bit of a change there! Especially when it comes to thirst :roll:

I’m still working out what everything does - it took me 2 weeks to find out it had a towbar :lol:

Kenny R

Re: Tap tap tap. Testing one, two, three. Is this thing on?

Post by Kenny R » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 am

Welcome, my son had a surf for a few years, you’ll find a few more creature comforts in your Kodiaq :)
I presume you have the DSG, as the manual 150 is not homologated for towing and can’t legally have a tow bar fitted.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 am

Kenny R wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 am
Welcome, my son had a surf for a few years, you’ll find a few more creature comforts in your Kodiaq :)
I presume you have the DSG, as the manual 150 is not homologated for towing and can’t legally have a tow bar fitted.
The manual 5 seater can tow
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 am

Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 am
Kenny R wrote:
Yeah, I know but the OP clearly states he has 150 7 seater.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 am
Marinfullsuss wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 am
Kenny R wrote:
Yeah, I know but the OP clearly states he has 150 7 seater.
Missed that :D
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

CaptainBeaky

Post by CaptainBeaky » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Yes, it’s the DSG - I’ve had an auto for far too long now to go back to stirring cogs by hand :mrgreen:

Loads more comfortable than the Surf (the air con works, for one thing!). Same power and more torque than the 3-litre intercooled lump in the Toyota, and drinks half the amount of diesel.
The Kodiaq won’t run on waste cooking oil from the chippy, mind you, but I think I can live with that.
It still feels slightly odd getting into the Kodiaq, even though everything is where I expect it to be, and everything works. It’s just having had the Surf for so long, it was more a case of putting it on like a coat, and being able to put my hand on everything with my eyes closed.
That said, I haven’t found anything yet that I don’t like about the Kodiaq, so all good so far.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:49 am

Welcome Capt Beaky.
Congrats on your new K.
Spot on re stirring gears by hand. I haven't done that for 18 years!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00