Hello and a question

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Daggerit

Hello and a question

Post by Daggerit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 am

Morning everyone!

I'm Dan and ordered an SE L 7 seat 1.5 TSI manual at the beginning of July with a handful of helpful options for my wife.

Now, my question is what is likely to happen given that the engine/transmission combination has been discontinued for the MY20 cars? Are they likely to just tell me 'tough luck', return my deposit and tell me to choose a new Kodiaq option or do you think that they'll just give me the cheapest MY20 engine/transmission option?

I would assume it'll be the former option but thought that I'd check in case anyone had had any experience of this previously.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting my new Kodiaq (whatever version it ends up as!) and scrolling through the topics on here when I'm bored at work. Haha.

Dan
On order: Business Grey MY20 1.5 TSI Manual SE L with Family Pack and Heated Windscreen

Silverbear

Re: Hello and a question

Post by Silverbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am

It could have a variety of outcomes. It might depend on whether the 1.5 TSI is coming back or not. If there are plans to bring it back the order might simply be delayed until it is available.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:37 am

Silverbear wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am
It could have a variety of outcomes. It might depend on whether the 1.5 TSI is coming back or not. If there are plans to bring it back the order might simply be delayed until it is available.
Thanks for the reply.

That's fair enough but I can't imagine it'll be appearing any time soon, unfortunately, if they've already released the brochures and things without it included, which may well mean that I'll have to drop the order. Obviously that depends on costs of swapping the drivetrain, so we'll have to see what happens.

It looks like the engine is still available in other VAG vehicles though, so who knows...
On order: Business Grey MY20 1.5 TSI Manual SE L with Family Pack and Heated Windscreen

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:46 am

Daggerit wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:37 am
Silverbear wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am
Thanks for the reply.

That's fair enough but I can't imagine it'll be appearing any time soon, unfortunately, if they've already released the brochures and things without it included, which may well mean that I'll have to drop the order. Obviously that depends on costs of swapping the drivetrain, so we'll have to see what happens.

It looks like the engine is still available in other VAG vehicles though, so who knows...
Experience tells me you should not read too much into this. The brochures are regularly updated, as is the website configurator. When I ordered my 1.5 TSI 4x4 neither option was technically available. Then the 1.5 was, but without the 4x4, then the 4x4 was available too. It resulted in my order being delayed but I was fine with this and Skoda did not seem concerned by the delay so it might be you just need to sit tight and wait and see.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am

Perfect, thanks for the info! I'll have to see what they come back with as a delay won't really work for me with the wife's current car ending it's PCP at the beginning of September... But I'm getting ahead of myself until I get a reply. :)

Thanks again!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:57 am

Removal of 1.5 Manual is news to me.
If true, it may be because of VAGs inability to 'kill the Kangaroo'!
Does any one know if the 1.5 DSG is still available?
If so, that would go some way to confirming my supposition.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:01 pm

If you can go without the options you might get a car from stock but you might need to approach Skoda quickly before they are gone.

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:57 am
Removal of 1.5 Manual is news to me.
If true, it may be because of VAGs inability to 'kill the Kangaroo'!
Does any one know if the 1.5 DSG is still available?
If so, that would go some way to confirming my supposition.
Last I checked all 1.5 TSI were gone.

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Yes, on the configurator and in all literature there's no mention of the 1.5TSI at all.

I wouldn't mind going for a stock car but I couldn't find one that was the right spec. It either had too many options or not the ones I wanted unfortunately!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:26 pm

From My dealer principal 5 minutes ago.
Hi Colin,

Nope, not true. They are still producing the 1.5 in both and the Kangarooing was only found in Karoq’s for a very short period (about the time you had your green one, so a year ago or so).

So no need to panic yet! There are delays on the 1.5’s until around week 39, but certainly not stopping production that I am aware of!

Regards,
Tom Sexton
Dealer Principal[/color

In the list below note the last few 'With production order'. That means they are not yet built.Image
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Introductions”