Newbie...Hi Peoples.

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jeddie

Newbie...Hi Peoples.

Post by Jeddie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi guys n gals.

Skoda.....Would never have thought about getting one in the past.
However looking at PCP deals and having a sit in one today. WOW.....It's like a tank and not in a bad way.
Coming from a Nissan X-Trail 2.2 dci Sport 2004 (And had for that long) what a step up.

However looking through the editions i have seen a SE 4x4 DSG for approx £270 a month (Which is a good ballpark figure for me (I am a tight geordie)
I really want to know about the infotainment system. Should i upgrade to the 9.2" touchscreen with Satnav?
Or will my mobile phone with Google Maps be just as good.
I don't think i have seen the 8" on the garage forecorts just the 9.2.

And does the SE edition come with parking sensors as i bet it's a beast to park.

Cheers for now Jed.

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Newbie...Hi Peoples.

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm

It’s a can of worms asking about infotainment on here, personally the Columbus system does everything I need and the Sat Nav is pretty good, many will disagree. I wouldn’t consider anything below it so go 9.2”. No mater what they say size does matter.

In terms of parking I find it pretty easy, it’s only 30cm longer than an Octavia and is built on the same platform. For me vision all round is pretty good although some disagree. I don’t find it feels like a huge car at all if that helps.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Zach

Post by Zach » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:29 pm

I would recommend stepping up to the SE L if possible. You get the upgraded sportier seats, LED lights front and rear, keyless entry, that 9.2" infotainment (definitely nicer than the 8" systems) and a power boot. I would recommend adding the front parking sensors and the rear view camera, though the latter is more of a nice-to-have.
BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:15 am

Don’t upgrade the infotainment system just to get built in satnav. The built in satnav is convenient, but awful compared to Waze/Google/Apple via CarPlay or AA. It picks routes that vary between poor and awful - mostly because it is utterly allergic to doing anything than using the most major road it can find. Whilst it has access to up to date detailed traffic information, that doesn’t seem to be reflected in the ETA - it predicts an optimistic ETA that gradually gets later and later as the journey unfolds and traffic slows you down - alternatives are both quicker to plot alternative routes and give you a sensible and realistic ETA from the start.

As an example, for a regular 2 hour journey I make, the built in satnav picks a route that is 30 minutes longer than Google chooses.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:39 am

SE does have rear parking sensors, but not front ones. I use Android Auto for navigation on my Bolero and it is good, not as good as a TomTom, but adequate.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 am

Welcome to the forum Jeddie.
I agree with Zach. I ordered mine before the line even started running in December 2016.
Just looking at the configurator (as I had nothing else to go on) I decided on the SE L.
Definitely go for the SE L over the SE if you can scrape the extra pennies together .
Good luck!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 am
Welcome to the forum Jeddie.
I agree with Zach. I ordered mine before the line even started running in December 2016.
Just looking at the configurator (as I had nothing else to go on) I decided on the SE L.
Definitely go for the SE L over the SE if you can scrape the extra pennies together .
Good luck!
Totally agree with this, before we visited the local Skoda dealership we had a good look at spec online and from memory we originally went looking to buy an SE L too. The Se and S were just too basic for us, in the event they had a pre-built Edition in stock anyway and we took that as they did us a very good deal. Hasn't the S been scrapped totally now, I assume they didn't sell many?
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 am

Totally agree with the above comments, the SE is pretty spartan. The SEL has a much better spec for not much more, and the LED headlights over the basic halogens swung my choice.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 am

LEDs are STUPENDOUS! As long as as you are driving so equipped, Driving against them not so funny! :o
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:28 am

It all comes down to what you want in a car. SE spec has everything I want or need. No complaints about the headlights or the spec level from me. If other people want more gizmos then that's their choice and they can decide whether they are happy to pay for them.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Return to “Introductions”