The Marketing Worked

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
kodiaq_chris

The Marketing Worked

Post by kodiaq_chris » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 am

Hello all, I take delivery of my new Petrol Blue Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI 150ps SE L 5SEAT DSG 4X4 on Wednesday next week and haven’t been this excited about getting a new car in a long time.

I have to give kudos to the Skoda Marketing team as they’ve done a great job on me, after years of watching the Skoda support cars on the Tour de France and seeing the Kodiaq advert featuring Bradley Wiggins I knew I just had to have one. I have to admit that I almost went for a Peugeot 5008 or a Citroen C5 Aircross, but the deals on those cars are nowhere near as good as what Skoda are offering at the moment.

So far on the forum I’ve enjoyed flicking through the gallery and look forward to posting a few pictures of my own.
Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI 150ps SE L 5SEAT DSG 4X4 Petrol Blue

Colin Lambert

Re: The Marketing Worked

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 am

Welcome to the forum. Good choice.
My own personal opinion is that the other 2 cars you considered are far inferior reliability wise than any Skoda!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 am
Welcome to the forum. Good choice.
My own personal opinion is that the other 2 cars you considered are far inferior reliability wise than any Skoda!
Careful Colin, you'll be getting accused of bias again!! :lol:
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

kodiaq_chris

Post by kodiaq_chris » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks for the greeting and I tend to agree with you Colin, I'm moving over from a 3 year old 2L Diesel Citroen Grand Picasso Exclusive which is very practical but has terrible build quality and is annoyingly noisy.

The only thing the new Citroen and Peugeot had going for them was the 3 individual back seats and no tunnel.
Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI 150ps SE L 5SEAT DSG 4X4 Petrol Blue

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Thanks Chris, for backing me up! :lol:
I do often talk rubbish, but not often regarding cars, (in spite of what some people think ;) )
Having been in the motor trade for a few years, then being associated with it for quarter of a century with Shell Retail and being a chronic petrol head all my life from the age of 12 with a diploma in automotive engineering, I think I do know a bit about cars.
I was going to be rude about PSA cars, (having owned 4,) but thought better of it in case there were some lovers of either on the forum. :D
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Introductions”