Greetings, fellow Kodiaq owners! Oh, and some help, please!

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kevinthepenguin

Greetings, fellow Kodiaq owners! Oh, and some help, please!

Post by Kevinthepenguin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:46 am

Hello to all.

I have been reading bits and pieces from afar on this forum for a few months, but I think it's time to join in. I have had my Edition (manual) since August 2017, and am generally very happy with it. Based between Oxford and Reading, btw.

That said, I did have problems a few months ago - knock sensor gave up the ghost, rapidly followed by the battery, issues that have been commented upon here by others, which was very helpful. Unfortunately, that explicit, 100% trust in the car and its reliability has not fully returned.

I will be taking it in for a service soon, and have some issues that may on the surface seem trivial, but they are :evil: annoying. Please could anyone who feels similar, or has had the same comment, and if I really should get these things sorted, tell me, or if they are far too trivial to worry about, tell me!
1} The stop/start button often takes two or three pushes to get any response.
2} When I set the headlights for right-hand drive (I do get over to Europe quite frequently) they seem fine at the beginning of the journey, but automatically revert to Left-hand setting if the engine has been turned off. This is both irritating and dangerous, and far from convenient. I never had to remove and refit those horrid beam deflectors every day on holiday...
3} The front headlamp washer housing doesn't slot back cleanly after use.
4} The remote boot opening and closing is unpredictable. I think I've worked it out that it won't close remotely if I open it by hand....
5} With the Columbus screen on HOME, the navigation map will not go to Google Earth, unless I go into Navigation and allow it to do so there.
6} Passenger doors have become a lot heavier over the past few months, unless my daughters have become progressively weaker over the past year. I do feed them, I promise! Can't see where any valuable lubricating would help....

VOTE.......NOW!! and any help/advice will be much appreciated.
2017 SKODA KODIAQ EDITION TDI 150 4WD, 7 seats, 1968CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual, Magnetic brown

Zach

Re: Greetings, fellow Kodiaq owners! Oh, and some help, please!

Post by Zach » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:27 am

Hi there! Regarding your points:

1) Push and hold for a sec, it sometimes won't register a quick tap.
2) Just remember to set it again? Not sure how 30 seconds is 'far from inconvenient'
3) A dealer will sort this out for you
4) To close the boot you have to be within 3m of the rear of the car and hold the button down. Stupid 'safety' feature by Skoda
5) Skoda is in a weird phase of getting rid of the feature, so that might be intentional?
6) Check out a new Kodiaq at your local dealer. Don't think anyone here has noticed that.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles|Brilliant Silver RS ordered 4/5/19

Kevinthepenguin

Post by Kevinthepenguin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks for that, Zack. maybe further explanation on my part....

1) Push and hold for a sec, it sometimes won't register a quick tap. I do, it's deteriorated since new, and am worried it won't last. Sometimes I have pushed and held, and it has managed to go through ignition AND turning the engine off.
2) Just remember to set it again? Not sure how 30 seconds is 'far from inconvenient' . OK, but why when I restart the engine after ten seconds does it come up with the advice that my lights are set for RH driving? Surely it's not meant to reset. Besides, old dogs and new tricks etc. Very happy to return to LH drive while waiting for the ferry/Eurotunnel, not after a nice evening out with the family in France....
3) A dealer will sort this out for you
4) To close the boot you have to be within 3m of the rear of the car and hold the button down. Stupid 'safety' feature by Skoda. Seems weird, probably explains things...do you have to be within 3m to OPEN it too, though?
5) Skoda is in a weird phase of getting rid of the feature, so that might be intentional? My most insignificant gripe, it is true...
6) Check out a new Kodiaq at your local dealer. Don't think anyone here has noticed that. Will do. They said they'd look at it while I was getting a new battery fitted, they didn't. Gits!
2017 SKODA KODIAQ EDITION TDI 150 4WD, 7 seats, 1968CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual, Magnetic brown

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Kevin. What took you so long to join, we aren't that scary are we? :lol: :lol:

I made the mistake of opening and closing the electric tailgate by hand due to its incompetent operation. I was told by the dealer that manual operation causes more problems as it confuses the 'brain'
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Introductions”