New to Forum & new to Skoda

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rumney

New to Forum & new to Skoda

Post by Rumney » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:38 am

Hi everyone :)
Just bought my first ever Skoda (details in signature). I have had many ‘posh’ cars over the years including Mercedes, BMW and Porsche together with the usual Ford, Vauxhall, BL etc. etc. going back over 40+ years of driving.
I am from the old school where the in joke was “What do you call. Skoda without a roof” - I”m sure you know the answer and if you don’t then I won’t insult you with the answer.
Needless to say my opinion has changed completely. My new Skoda is both extremely well build, solid as a rock, very stylish and drives as well as any that I have ever owned and better that a great number - a poster child for VAG transformations.
I am looking forward to many years of happy and trouble free motoring with my new Skoda. It’s good to know that this forum is here for help and guidance should I require it.
2.0 TSI 4X4 EDITION DSG 7 SEATS VELVET RED - BEIGE LEATHER
Options including Canton Sound System, Adaptive Cruise Control, LED Interior Light pack, Space Saver Spare Wheel and other goodies.

Colin Lambert

Re: New to Forum & new to Skoda

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Rumney,
Welcome to the forum. Assuming it has not arrived yet, enjoy it when it does. You will!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Daddy2Bears

Post by Daddy2Bears » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi Rumney,

Guess you're actually in Rumney? If so I'll keep an eye out, as I'm in Pontprennau.
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

Rumney

Post by Rumney » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi Daddy2Bears - very observant of you :)

Yes - I do live in Rumney and regularly pass through Pontprennau heading towards the M4 - give me a toot if we cross paths.

Hi Colin - Extensive test drive convinced me and will be picking it up next Thursday (21st) - I’m counting the days and I’m sure that I will enjoy it - thank you :)
2.0 TSI 4X4 EDITION DSG 7 SEATS VELVET RED - BEIGE LEATHER
Options including Canton Sound System, Adaptive Cruise Control, LED Interior Light pack, Space Saver Spare Wheel and other goodies.

Kennyw87

Post by Kennyw87 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi all!

New to the Skoda family! Not long now until I collect my edition 2.0tsi 4x4 DSG next Friday! Coming from a Mercedes GLC 250 4matic. Had my eye on one since it came out and my merc was only a few months old. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Bonnet is held up by a pole or gas strut? Thanks!
2.0 tsi edition 4x4 DSG velvet red. Sirius alloys, pan roof, canton, area view, LED pack, heated windscreen self park.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Gas strut.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

Return to “Introductions”