New to Skoda

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
rule55

New to Skoda

Post by rule55 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi all,

My first entry on the forum having dipped in several times during the research stage. I have been a VW fan for decades and most recently had 3 Tourans. I thought another would be good but they have withdrawn the 5-seat option and the colour I wanted.

After a very helpful series of test drives arranged with my local dealer, I decided to go for a 5-seat Kodiaq to get the slightly larger spare wheel and duly placed the order. Only to be told a few days later, Skoda no longer offered the 5-seat version. But they didn't tell the dealer nor change their official web site nor update the 'build your own' facility. Not very impressive. :(

After further deliberation, I placed an order for the 7-seat version. I hope it's as good as many postings claim. The current date is around the beginning of April.
Last edited by rule55 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 21/01/2019 Kodiaq SE L 7 Seat 1.5 TSI 150 PS DSG in Emerald Green
Adaptive Cruise Control / Headed Windscreen & Washer Nozzles / Protection Pack / Front & Rear Parking Sensors / Temporary Spare Wheel

Colin Lambert

Re: New to Skoda

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Rule 55. The loss of the 5 seater is certainly news to me! (5 door? ;) ) I don't think Skoda would be so stupid. I doubt the veracity of the dealers comments. Can't imagine why they should get it so wrong (if in fact they have!!??)
The configurator is showing many 5 seat versions. I suggest you ring Skoda Uk ASAP and ask them. Ask to speak to a Customer Services MANAGER! 0333 003 7504
I had the same problem when I ordered mine in December 2016, before they were even launched . Then they really did NOT do a 5 seat SE L and it cost me £1,000 more for something I didn't want. :evil:
Configurator below
http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/en-gb
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

rule55

Post by rule55 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi Colin,

This was the response I received from Skoda Customer Services:
Dear Rob

Thank you for your recent contact regarding the ŠKODA KODIAQ SE L. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I am delighted to hear of your interest in the ŠKODA KODIAQ for your next vehicle.

I have discussed your query with our Sales Support Team and they have confirmed that from the 3rd January 2019 the 5 seat SE L and Edition KODIAQ has been removed from ordering. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.

Regarding the ŠKODA website still shows this model, is that we still will have some stock vehicles that are built and your local ŠKODA Retailer will be able to assist if any of the remaining vehicles meet your requirements. Contact details of all our ŠKODA Retailers can be found via the link below:

www.skoda.co.uk/find-a-retailer

I hope this information is useful. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on the number below.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Dean Goodwin
Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA
Tel: 0333 0037504
customerservices@skoda.co.uk | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com
P.S. Thanks for spotting my typo!
Adaptive Cruise Control / Headed Windscreen & Washer Nozzles / Protection Pack / Front & Rear Parking Sensors / Temporary Spare Wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Well Bugga me!! :lol:
They are obviously just trying to screw more money out of the poor motorists.
Skoda's logic defies belief sometimes.
Did it have to be an SE L? Unless you are happy with the situation configure a few of the 5 seaters available and see if you can find one that suits. OR conversely, since they say they have some already built in the network, see if your dealer can find one that fits your bill.
Good luck.
I certainly would not spend a grand for something I did not want, if there was an alternative.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

rule55

Post by rule55 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:56 pm

The dealer was very helpful and we searched the list of what was available but ACC was a must-have and there were only 2, neither of which was green. So we agreed a suitable revised price but nowhere near a grand :) . I'm happy with the deal but disappointed with VAG - VW having done the same with the Touran. "Nobody wants a 5-seater"

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:57 pm

I'm glad all is sorted to your satisfaction. I love the Emerald green, although I have yet to see any emerald that colour! Perhaps the chaps that choose the colours come from St Dunstans! ;)
IMHO.... They are bonkers! I did for a start! Now I have a 'hotwash Kodiaq' 5 seater in the Karoq!
[color=#00

rule55

Re: New to Skoda - stalled order?

Post by rule55 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 am

Order placed at the end of January and I'm still at Status 10. I've chased the dealer but without success. The response I received was:
Still showing Status 10, as is all our other customers too. Our admin team are going to speak to their sales office this morning to find out the delivery schedule of the vehicles
As always, I've heard nothing further and I'll have to chase them - again!

Anyone having a similar experience of a placed order not advancing through the Skoda system?

Thanks.

J-R

Post by J-R » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:42 pm

After further deliberation, I placed an order for the 7-seat version. I hope it's as good as many postings claim.
We love our new 7-seater Kodiaq! Most of the time it's in 5-seat mode with a huge boot, but when we need the extra couple of seats, it's great to have them. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

markymate

Re: New to Skoda - stalled order?

Post by markymate » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:47 pm

rule55 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 am
Order placed at the end of January and I'm still at Status 10. I've chased the dealer but without success. The response I received was:
Still showing Status 10, as is all our other customers too. Our admin team are going to speak to their sales office this morning to find out the delivery schedule of the vehicles
As always, I've heard nothing further and I'll have to chase them - again!

Anyone having a similar experience of a placed order not advancing through the Skoda system?

Thanks.
Get onto Skoda customer services by phone or live chat on their website. You'll need you 8 digit order number. Never bothered with the dealer as they are not interested once they've got you order!!
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Cole89

Post by Cole89 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Welcome,
You won’t be disappointed with the 7 seater I had an edition 7 seater and best thing ever did always handy if you go out and end up having an extra 2 people coming back, I gave mine back today and picked up my VRS KODIAQ 😁
Kodiaq VRS PAN ROOF, REAR CAMERA, CANTON SYSTEM
Previous
Edition 2.0TDI wiggly stick, 7 seats, PAN ROOF, REAR CAMERA , Quartz GREY black leather, Mud flaps all round
ordered April arrived 1st sept

Return to “Introductions”