Good evening.

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ben c

Good evening.

Post by Ben c » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi all,

Newcomer to the forum here. After a number of years in company cars, HMRC has finally driven me into the realms of buying my own car with a company car cash allowance.

After much deliberation I have finally settled on ordering a Skoda kodiaq. It was ordered the week before last with a provisional delivery date of December.

Gone for the 5 seat SE L, as the standard equipment levels seemed very good. I have also added the heated windscreen, as once you have had one you never want to go back, and after test driving one, front sensors and a reversing camera.

I have gone for petrol blue. I agreed a price with the dealer with the beige interior, but when it came to ordering the car I was told this was no longer an option and the dealer had specced beige leather instead, but would honour the origional price.

I have had to compromise with the less powerful engine though, as 4x4 was a must and I really didn’t want another manual, so went Dsg. I had to keep it below 150mg co2 to comply with the car cash allowance policy.

Really looking forward to it arriving now. I found choosing the colour toughest as they are all a bit meh, but found the petrol blue was just about interesting enough.

I have had a good scan of the forum, and there seem to be no known gremlins with the car, but I would appreciate any advice on anything to look out for.

You don’t tend to see to many of these out on the road. Not sure if the Skoda badge still suffers a bit with snobbery.

This will be my second Skoda, with the first (embarrassingly) being a Felicia not long after I started working, as they were very cheap used. Still a step above my mums old Estelle 130 in orange, complete with black vinyl roof and the engine in the boot, just like a racing car!! Never once got stuck in the snow though....
Waiting on delivery of:
Kodiaq SE L 2.0tdi (150bhp) 4x4 DSG 5 seats
Petrol Blue
Heated windscreen & nozzles, Triglav wheels, front parking sensors, rear camera, beige leather.

Colin Lambert

Re: Good evening.

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:17 am

Welcome to the forum Ben.
You worked an unintentional 'flanker' on the interior. Well done your dealer for standing by the deal.
The most common problem seems to be the stupid door edge guards. Not earth shattering but simply rather annoying. Refer to the various threads if yours fall of, though they almost certainly will not.
Any questions, ask away.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Ben c

Re: Good evening.

Post by Ben c » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:37 pm

A quick bump and update. After what seems like an age, a confirmed build week of 6. W/c 4th feb.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes after that? Desperate to get the thing before brexit in case there are any delays at the port. I’m hoping the end of feb with a nice new 19 registration. Is that optimistic?
Waiting on delivery of:
Kodiaq SE L 2.0tdi (150bhp) 4x4 DSG 5 seats
Petrol Blue
Heated windscreen & nozzles, Triglav wheels, front parking sensors, rear camera, beige leather.

Return to “Introductions”