Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Hi to all and will i ever get a Kodiaq?

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
Hi to all those people lucky enough to have a Kodiaq and thus to qualify to be on this forum, i maybe a fraud being here,

I ordered a new 5 seater SEL auto 4x4 in Metior Grey with extras, leather, rear view camera and adaptive cruise control in the first few days of May 2018. I was told by the dealer a main Skoda dealer it would be a factory build 8 to 12 weeks, fine. I asked as this could mean delivery in mid August if so could delivery to me be delayed until September again agreed in writing. I am now told today that the vehicle will be built in week 37, late September and likely to be at the dealers by the end of October, as ive said to the dealer very unsatisfactory. It isnt out of the relmes of possibilty as they accepted this could really mean November giving a 26 week wait for delivery. Has anyone else had this sort of delay it almost appears as if Skoda dont want me to have one.

In fairness the dealer has offered to refund my deposit £2000 and ive looked at BMW and Volvo but really i want this Kodiaq. To add insult to injury via carwow they are still offering a price for this car in this spec and colour but failing to say, buy and recieve in 6 months i dont blame them but what has gone wrong with the manufacturer?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
The hold up may be due to WLTP: the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test ...It is causing all sorts of problems for manufacturers who will have to meet the new regs by later this year.
Try ringing Skoda Customer services
Škoda Auto/Customer service
0333 003 7504
You may also want o register you 'disappointment' in the delay against promised delivery.
Have you scoured Autotrader for a K that may suit your requirements? There are plenty for sale and you will save 'loadsa' £££

#3 ·
I'm quite new on here too and have only had my Kodiaq approx. 6 weeks now.

We did a lot of research on what 4x4 we wanted and finally settled on the Kodiaq but as you rightly state order to delivery time can be lengthy.
Unless there is a specific optional extra you really cant live without why not go to local Skoda dealer and look at list of pre-built models they have in stock already built, they could have the exact model you want in a slightly different colour or something very similar at least.

To give you a rough idea of timescales going this route, we visited the local Skoda dealer on the Saturday, picked a car from pre-built stock which was delivered to dealership within days, we went back on the Thursday took it for a test drive and signed the paperwork and took it home that day, 5 days from initial contact to Kodiaq sitting in our driveway.

#5 ·
Ours was delayed for a month when they lost it at the port. After a few polite but direct discussions with Skoda Exec office they arranged for me to have a Q7 on free hire until it arrived and threw in some extras. Dont bother with the dealer as most are useless and have no clout.

#6 ·
Many thanks for the advice i will try it, i did search on carwow and several dealers offered the colour i want, but not in stock the strange thing was with the options we asked for, the same as our original order in May they say i would have the car in October. This does make me wonder why it is that i ordered this same spec in the first week of May and i am told by that dealer i will get this one at the end of October too so what happened to may, June and most of July. It does make me wonder if they forgot to order it!

#7 ·
An update I have been told by my dealer that the build date has been brought forward I may get my vehicle now in September as the build date is week 34 rather than week 37, cant wait.

#8 ·
Well an update!!!

My car was built in week 34 then held up at the factory due to the new emissions test I was told by Skoda they are testing every vehicle but can this be right?, every car not ever model?
I have chased them today and after a few enquiries with other departments Skoda tell me it is now at the port in Emden, Germany but there's a backlog, can anyone else have been waiting longer than the 5th of May I wonder? But anyway its getting nearer I hope I like it I've forgotten what they drive like and am still not sure about the colour.

The best estimate they could give is it should, should land at the dealers 1st week in October, then they have to prep it and then by this time...…...we are away abroad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.