Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Ordered today

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Alan Chapple 
#1 ·
Hi
New here. Just got back from the dealers having ordered . 2.0 tdi 4x4 SE . Manual 5 seats. Tow bar . Children's pack. Heated windscreen. Only down side is having to wait until possibly August. Hopefully it will be sooner.

#3 ·
Hi all
Just had a call from the dealer today to say it's built and in the country. Dealer said it should be with me before the end of June. But a quick question. Is it normal for it to be 3 to 4 weeks from port to pickup ? How long has it been for the rest of you. ?

#6 ·
When I spoke to Skoda UK about it, they told me it was no more than 10 working days from UK port to the dealer, then however long your dealer takes to PDI it and arrange a handover date.

In my case it was 8 working days from port to being in my driveway.

#8 ·
Update.
Fingers crossed it looks like we are collecting the car on Monday. I was told the delay was something to do with transport from the docks to the dealer issues. Just need to get the first 1000 miles in so that I can start using it to tow with.

G
#10 ·
Alan Chapple said:
Stu90 said:
Update.
Just need to get the first 1000 miles in so that I can start using it to tow with.
Is this a Kodiaq/Skoda thing, I've honestly never heard of that before.
Why do you need to do a 1000 miles before you can tow, is it a legal, insurance thing?
All manufacturers normally stipulate to avoid towing with a new vehicle for a set mileage. From the Kodiaq manual, the translation leaves a lot to be desired.
"During the first 1,000 km, the engine should not be charged with more than 3/4 of the maximum permitted engine revs and without the trailer."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.