Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Hello new to the Skoda world

10K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  JaXX2020 
#1 ·
Hi new to the Skoda world
This is the first Skoda I've owned and must say really impressed having come from a 225bhp Corsa Vxr to this is bit of a step down in power but the ride is pro best I've been in, in a long time

#2 ·
I too was new to Skoda moving from a Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport and must say I also have been impressed. It's a different beast and has all the power i need in this type of car.

I too have a wiggly stick, there don't seem to be many of us about! :roll:

#3 ·
Cole 89,
Welcome to the forum.
I am so impressed I'm on my 5th Skoda!!
Welcome also to the pan roof club we are a very elite lot!! :lol:

#4 ·
I'm a first time Skodarian too!

Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
I was quite lucky with mine as delay apon delay with the build week Skoda gave us a £500 voucher to spend on Accessories and service plan which there is only so much you can buy

#6 ·
Well after the best experience owning this car I have traded this back in and awaiting the delivery of my kodiaq VRS 😁 within the next couple of weeks

#8 ·
Lucky chap.
I would have loved Race Blue, but not available in Decemeber 2016.

#9 ·
Beautiful color, indeed!

#10 ·
I got very lucky as my local dealership found one in stock that had everything I wanted, from finding one to picking it up just over a week, definitely a great drive and love the digital Dash

#11 ·
I would suspect pretty much any car would feel plush suspension wise coming from a VXR :) Quite a change. Nice spec and colour. Like the crater wheels too. And you have some decent grunt with that diesel, well suited to the car.

#12 ·
New VRS kodiaq ordered after being approached from the dealership and having so much positive equity in the car it was really a no brainier to order a new one. So she arrives sept/Oct 2021

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

#13 ·
Cole89 said:
New VRS kodiaq ordered after being approached from the dealership and having so much positive equity in the car it was really a no brainier to order a new one. So she arrives sept/Oct 2021
Time scale reference for you I ordered my vrs 3rd July confirmed build week of last week in August hopefull delivery mid Sept fingers crossed 🤞😁🤞

#14 ·
I've got given a build week 1st week of august, ordered couple days after you by the looks of it never know might get first 100 people to order a VRS gift like I did last time 😂 nothing special just a VRS key ring

#19 ·
Yeah the only thing not a fan of are the aero cover so I’ve gone for some centre caps which look much nicer
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Reactions: JaXX2020
#20 ·
Good to see that they've sorted out the fake exhaust on one side that the previous gen diesel VRS was lumped with!
And agree that the alloys look way better without the aero covers.

I'm presuming your car was delivered with the options you chose, specifically the Canton? It's been withdrawn from new orders for now, I believe because of the chip shortage. My car has a build date of week 10/22 and just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't start deleting options because they don't have the bits...

#21 ·
I ordered with canton and the child pack which I understand has now been withdrawn for the electronic child locks and few other things but yet to see the car yet I have a family member who works for Skoda who sent me the pics today so i haven’t heard of anything been taken off my spec from Skoda which is a relief

#22 ·
I think the remote child lock control disappeared from the family pack sometime in September as I'm sure it wasn't included when I ordered my car on 2 Oct, so not expecting to get that. There were some stories around that time of people being annoyed that their cars were missing certain parts of packs but there was no reduction in price.

I've added quite a few options including virtual cockpit, heated front and rear seats, family pack, DCC, sunroof, Canton, virtual pedal, ACC, etc, etc. Hoping it all turns up and I don't start getting excuses as to why some options are no longer available! My dealer has told me that he's had a confirmation back from Skoda when he got the build week that gave the spec and it's as ordered, which eased my worries slightly. Still a bit nervous about the Canton though as you can't order it right now.

#23 ·
I now have the car much better than the diesel not as laggy when you go to pull away from a junction, came with all the options I ordered which is a plus will get some pics up over the weekend

#27 ·
a few from the interior will get externals when it’s a bit lighter 😂
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Motor vehicle

#29 ·
Does the Skoda projection come from the bottom of the door or underneath the wing mirror housing? Looks like it's more from the door - just hoping the puddle lights aren't completely replaced with this though. I've read people complaining that the puddle lights on the Enyaq aren't great and I think they project a Skoda logo, although I think it also has 3 curved lines like the top part of the Skoda emblem.

#30 ·
Here's what I mean - OK, it's a few more than 3 curved lines, but this is what comes out of the puddle lights on an Enyaq - looks cool, but decidedly less effective at actually lighting up the area just beside the door where you might step in something you wouldn't want to...

Car Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

#31 ·
They are under the door pocket here’s a side shot will get some more tomorrow when I’m out and about
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

#33 ·
now the weathers better today been able to take some pics
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car Hood

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Window

#34 ·
now the weathers better today been able to take some pics
View attachment 2821
View attachment 2822
View attachment 2820
Awesome!!! Thank you for uploading the pics of your VRS. I’ve got a graphite grey VRS on order. It’s built and on way to the port of Emden. I was having a bit of a wobble the other day thinking have I chose the right colour and should I have chosen race blue…but seeing yours…I made the right decision!!
How are you finding the VRS so far? Hopefully still enjoying it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.