Hello from Copenhagen

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
kthuno

Re: Hello from Copenhagen

Post by kthuno » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Got a BW added to my order yesterday - week 43 :shock: First indication from dealer was a delivery in September but now I can expect the production in late October...
-- DSG TDI 2.0 150bhp Style

ThePainfulWait

Post by ThePainfulWait » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Ouch! Did you read the article quoted in the other thread about BW delays? Apparently they lack rear seats because subcontractor can't deliver at high enough pace.. Many rumors around but this one from a Czech source with apparently inside people being quoted... Maybe you can ask for early delivery if you skip seats 3-5 🙄... Mine had BW last week - I haven't asked the dealer if has already been built since I imagine nothing in the world can be done to speed up delivery anyway... Just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting....
2.0 TSI - Danish Edition spec plus pano roof, electric seats w memory, heated windscreen, heated multifunction steering wheel, Canton, park assist, towbar, sun blinds rear and some other stuff I forgot already.. ordered 3rd of April.

kthuno

Post by kthuno » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Yup I saw the post and read the article. I could imagine being in short supply of a whole range of things, but seats??? That seams a bit weird but then again, a car consists of a lot of individual parts so why not seats...
And yeah looking towards a Christmas delivery (worst case scenario I guess) hurts a bit but that's the cost of being a first mover of sorts. Let's hope that you get your car soon so you can post some pics for me to be envious about ;-)

Enjoy your weekend!

kthuno

Post by kthuno » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:00 pm

ThePainfulWait wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:11 pm
... Mine had BW last week....
Any news?

ThePainfulWait

Post by ThePainfulWait » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm

kthuno wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:00 pm
ThePainfulWait wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:11 pm
... Mine had BW last week....
Any news?
I e-mailed my dealer on Monday to ask how things are moving along.. My car was "still in production" which leads me to suspect that the car is built but standing in a parking lot near the factory waiting for the rear seats to be delivered and fitted.
2.0 TSI - Danish Edition spec plus pano roof, electric seats w memory, heated windscreen, heated multifunction steering wheel, Canton, park assist, towbar, sun blinds rear and some other stuff I forgot already.. ordered 3rd of April.

kthuno

Post by kthuno » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:04 pm

So. Much. Waiting.... Hopefully they will solve this seat issue soon enough so delivery times won't suffer even more. Do you know how many K's Gladsaxe has sold?

ThePainfulWait

Post by ThePainfulWait » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:17 pm

They Said they had 4 to sell with delivery 2017. I heard another customer ask about leasing one and they told him they would be able to get K's for lease from spring 2018.

ThePainfulWait

Post by ThePainfulWait » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Latest update from dealer: Car is built and ready for transport to DK.. Expected delivery in week 29 as originally promised. Nothing bad to say about the dealer - they always answer when I ask about the status and they are very helpful. Now just hoping it takes less than 3 weeks to get the car from Czech Republic to DK..

kthuno

Post by kthuno » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:27 pm

ThePainfulWait wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm
Latest update from dealer: Car is built and ready for transport to DK.. Expected delivery in week 29 as originally promised. Nothing bad to say about the dealer - they always answer when I ask about the status and they are very helpful. Now just hoping it takes less than 3 weeks to get the car from Czech Republic to DK..
Awesome! Look forward to hearing your comments when you go pick it up :-)

ThePainfulWait

Post by ThePainfulWait » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 am

Well - no delivery yet even though this was the week. Have got confirmed delivery date though and it isn't all that far from now. I'm not gonna say too much because I'm afraid I might jinx it but if nothing goes wrong it will be mine before August...

Return to “Introductions”