Hello and not a great start

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
telephoneman

Hello and not a great start

Post by telephoneman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 am

Hi all,

just bought a 2017 Kodiaq Edition (4wd, 190PS, Pan roof, rear camera) and driven it home from the Skoda dealer.

On the way home I got an alert to tell me that the blind spot monitor was deactivated due to a faulty sensor! Obviously I'll contact the dealership about that but more worryingly I just realised that what I thought were water marks on the front and rear window chrome wasn't coming off and was actually the chrome worn off!

Do you think they'll replace these under warranty or have I blundered?

TIA,

Liam

2019-09-07 11.00.06.jpg

Regards,

Liam

White Kodiaq 2.0 190 PS 4WD DSG Edition, Pan Roof and Reversing Camera

Colin Lambert

Re: Hello and not a great start

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 am

Werlcome to the forum.
This chrome 'bloom' is, unfortunately, a fairly common problem.
I suggest you go straight back to the dealer and point out both faults demanding (nicely) that you want both sorted out under warranty.
If they decline or say anything other than "Yes sir, no problem". Tell them you will contact Skoda U.K. and if they decline a warranty claim you will refuse the care under the sale of goods act as not fit for pur[pose.
By law they must be given one chance to correct any faults. (under warranty)
But it is imprtant that you register your intent asap as refusing the car is time limited.
Good luck, let us know how you get on. If the dealer gives you any trouble, please name and shame him to warn others.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

telephoneman

Post by telephoneman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

The Sales guy has promised to get it sorted out (which in my book constitutes a contract).

While I'm on, it's quite hard to see when you are doing 30, 50, 70mph on the speedo. Is there any way to bring the speed up in the centre of the display? I can get just about everything else up there!

Regards,

Liam
Regards,

Liam

White Kodiaq 2.0 190 PS 4WD DSG Edition, Pan Roof and Reversing Camera

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:48 pm

telephoneman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

While I'm on, it's quite hard to see when you are doing 30, 50, 70mph on the speedo. Is there any way to bring the speed up in the centre of the display? I can get just about everything else up there!

Regards,

Liam
You certainly can have a digital MPH display.

2AC9B844-5D04-4ABA-8A3C-B7DA90DF69E1.jpeg

1E187A12-4A1E-4B1D-9C29-97A6F12F4189.jpeg

Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:50 pm

telephoneman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 am

Do you think they'll replace these under warranty or have I blundered?
No.

My many years experience of having dealings with Skoda (and Ford, for that matter) are that once they've got your money, then they'll treat you like a dog does its fleas.

Sorry but until you get rid of your car then you're in for a world of pain :oops:
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Return to “Introductions”