New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Silverbear

Re: Hello and a question

Post by Silverbear » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:37 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:26 pm
From My dealer principal 5 minutes ago.
Hi Colin,

Nope, not true. They are still producing the 1.5 in both and the Kangarooing was only found in Karoq’s for a very short period (about the time you had your green one, so a year ago or so).

So no need to panic yet! There are delays on the 1.5’s until around week 39, but certainly not stopping production that I am aware of!

Regards,
Tom Sexton
Dealer Principal[/color

In the list below note the last few 'With production order'. That means they are not yet built.Image

That backs up my experience. The configurator said no but the dealer said it was fine and as it turned out it was but there was a delay just like your dealer is saying.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Hi Colin,

Nope, not true. They are still producing the 1.5 in both and the Kangarooing was only found in Karoq’s for a very short period (about the time you had your green one, so a year ago or so).

So no need to panic yet! There are delays on the 1.5’s until around week 39, but certainly not stopping production that I am aware of!

Regards,
Tom Sexton
Dealer Principal[/color

In the list below note the last few 'With production order'. That means they are not yet built.Image

What a man, thanks for the very helpful info!

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Just an update to say that the sales guy got back to me and said basically the same as above, in that he hasn't been told anything about the 1.5 stopping and the order is still on as far as he's concerned. Typical, I obviously jumped the gun a little! Haha.

It was useful to keep an eye on the MY20 changes in general though as they've removed the door edge protectors as a standard fit and now needs the Family Pack to get them so that's been thrown on the order too, as well as the front and rear sensors option being removed because it's now standard fit on the SE L. So by adding one and taking the other off I've actually saved myself £120 (provided there's no price hike for the basic vehicle versus the current quote I have!).

CJJE

Post by CJJE » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Hi Colin,

Regards,
Tom Sexton
Dealer Principal[/color

So if the configurator and price list do not include the 1.5 TSI engines, how can dealers quote a price??

I know you can still order them abroad (as you can 5 seat Kodiaqs) so they are still in production, but if Skoda UK don't import them how can a UK dealer sell them :?
Previously owned an Octavia L&K, currently driving a Golf SV, but looking at changing it for a Race Blue Kodiaq L&K :)

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Good question, but not one that I know the answer to. My worry is that they suddenly realise there have been a bunch of orders put in from UK dealerships that shouldn't have been allowed and reject them all, leaving us to choose something significantly more expensive... Again, I'm getting ahead of myself and I'm sure that I'll have an answer one way or another once I'm actually given a build slot.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:35 pm

I'm sure the dealers will know the price and still be able to order a 1.5. According to my dealer there will be a bit of a delay, so anyone ordering one may well have to wait a bit longer.So no need to panic yet!
Quote from my dealers email above.
There are delays on the 1.5’s until around week 39,

Volkswagen have today announced the T-Roc cabriolet which can be had with the 1.5 engine.
Available from next spring. So they are obviously NOT stopping production of it.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:40 pm

It's the potential delay that I'm worried about, with the wife's current car being returned in September as it's PCP deal has come to an end!

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Daggerit wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 pm
Good question, but not one that I know the answer to. My worry is that they suddenly realise there have been a bunch of orders put in from UK dealerships that shouldn't have been allowed and reject them all, leaving us to choose something significantly more expensive... Again, I'm getting ahead of myself and I'm sure that I'll have an answer one way or another once I'm actually given a build slot.
My experience is the dealers know more than the website configurator. I long wondered if I would get my car but he dealer assured me I would and so it proved.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:20 pm

CJJE wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
So if the configurator and price list do not include the 1.5 TSI engines, how can dealers quote a price??

I know you can still order them abroad (as you can 5 seat Kodiaqs) so they are still in production, but if Skoda UK don't import them how can a UK dealer sell them :?
The configurator still shows 5 and 7 seats for the SE.

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Daggerit wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:40 pm
It's the potential delay that I'm worried about, with the wife's current car being returned in September as it's PCP deal has come to an end!
What does your dealer say? My delay was several months.

...or just buy your existing car...

Return to “Introductions”