Here I come guys!

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Daithebooks

Here I come guys!

Post by Daithebooks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Well, I have finally done it! signed on the dotted line for the latest Skoda to take care of business and family needs. In my excitement I just had to post the news here. It's my first time! After a handful of Yetis, an Octavia estate and more recently a glorious two years with an SEL Superb estate it is now the turn of the Kodiaq ti impress just like all the others. I cannot wait, but that's the downside. I am going to have to until March at the earliest for my Kodiaq 2.0l Tdi SE Technology DSG Struggled with the colour but finally cast aside moon white and opted at the last minute for Meteor Grey. Don't know what it is with the way they have ramped up the price of solids though. Ah well, we'll have to see how that looks alongside our Quartz grey Superb estate while our Black Yeti L&K vanishes. Having taken a number of test drives I can't wait to get behind the wheel. What are your thoughts guys? Is it as good as you all seem to think.

bigboss

Re: Here I come guys!

Post by bigboss » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:13 am

Meteor grey looks nice!!

viewtopic.php?t=1586

Kodiaq is the best car I've owned in 14 years, including Mercedes E220 CDI.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Daithebooks

Post by Daithebooks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am

All that makes me want it even quicker! You've certainly spec'd a nice motor there. Thanks for your comment.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 am

Best car I have ever owned out of 76. UNTIL I bought the Karoq. Being slightly smaller and more nimble suits my needs better, also SWMBO is happier driving the smaller car.
Like you I am a massive Skoda fan.
Tally to date.
Fabia estate, 3 Yetis, Kodiaq, Karoq.
Enjoy your wait and a warm welcome to the forum.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

sparkymark

Post by sparkymark » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:50 am

Enjoy when it arrives!!!

Kodiaq is definitely the best family car I have had....I've been through a number of 7 seaters over the past few years....Ford Smax, Seat Alhambra, Toyota Prius Plus, as well as a Kuga and a number of Volvos.
In driving and general enjoyment there is nothing I dislike about the Kodi, its well built, looks fantastic, full of toys, drives superbly and the 1.4 TSI DSG is an amazing engine/box for it's size, with plenty of power even with 7 on board.
I have 2 niggly faults with it (SOS system and DAB radio presets disappearing) but this is minor in comparison to the enjoyment I get everytime we go out.
I looked at practically every other large car on the market when I choose this one....we saw the Kodi first and the family all loved it. I then spent 3 months trying everything else in similar categories to find something better for the money....I couldn't!!!! We ended up where we started and haven't regretted it for a minute.
If I could change one thing (apart from turning off the SOS system!) it would be the colour palate......I like my Petrol Blue/beige leather combination but I don't LOVE it like I have loved previous car colours....the choices from Skoda have been a bit dull with the best ones reserved for VRS models - a vibrant electric blue would have been perfect, but when I'm driving I can't see it, so maybe next time there will be more choice.
Petrol Blue 1.4TSi 150BHP, 7 seat SEL, with Canton Sound (yes it's worth the price), 19" Triglav alloys, Beige Leather and Reversing camera
North West UK

Daithebooks

Post by Daithebooks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. It seems you are all singing from the same hymn sheet. The tune . . . Skoda in general and the Kodi (I love that summation of our favourite vehicle) are Simply the Best! For the time being you just keep on enjoying while I just drool at the prospect of what lies ahead. Stay safe.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi all. Thought I would share my buying journey. I have agonised over a few months what car (7seater ) would be best for us as a family of 4 with the need to seat more kids and visiting adults on a regular basis.

Looked mainly at Disco Sport and All space. The Disco got shocking reviews and friends have complained of various elec faults. All space just didn't cut it in terms of cabin quality and interior layout. Not as good as Skoda....well done!!

I am leaving BMW after 10/years and four new motors which I loved....but I am well excited to oder the K and can't wait the 5/or so months!!!!

Cheers all. Thanks for the forum and all the advice.

PS.....anyone got any idea what the leather sports seats will be like.....took a gamble!!
On order.....kodiaq 7 seat SEL 2.0d DSG. Black. Black Leather sports seats, high beam, heated screen, adaptive cruise, door bins, media command. In Edinburgh.

Return to “Introductions”