Winter Tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Lord Muck

Re: Winter Tyres

Post by Lord Muck » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Geoff. wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Lord Muck, why don't you buy them in Czech if you go skiing. They maybe cheaper than the uk and more choice? Winter tyres as your will probably know are mandatory in CZ in the winter.
Yeah we are going over in July, so I'll pop into the Skoda dealer over there and price them up.
1.4TSI Kodiaq SE 4x4 7 seats manual.. build week 23 5/6/17
Extras are window blinds, driver mode, colour computer, reversing camera and a spare wheel.

I swear way too much, apparently the use of colourful metaphors is frowned on in polite society!

n00b

Post by n00b » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Dealer here (Sweden) has a list price of 1500 Euros for 17" alloys with winter tyres (nordic climate).

I have always used alloys during winter from VAG, BMW, Volvo etc, and never had problems with the vast quantities of salt on the roads. Those alloys come with quality surface finishing. It's when you get a less expensive set of alloys from the local wheeler dealer you end up with corrosion problems.

By the way, I find wider (like 205-235) winter tires work a lot better in the nordic winter than the old 175-195 dimensions. The wider tires don't wander around so much on the road.

OxfordKodiaq

Post by OxfordKodiaq » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:44 pm

We pick up our K mid-October so will be looking at winter tyres pretty soon afterwards. Our Edition will have 19" Triglavs so wondered if anyone had recommendations on tyres to swap out?
Thanks
Petrol Blue 190PS 4X4 Edition, Panoramic Roof, Adaptive Cruise, Park Assist, Heated Rear Seats, Heated Wheel, Family Pack & Ambient LEDs.

davebakerpurton

Post by davebakerpurton » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:26 pm

You could look at the Michelin Cross climate, I've used them, very good
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey, Kodiaq 5 seat SE 150 TDI

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:58 pm

davebakerpurton wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:26 pm
You could look at the Michelin Cross climate, I've used them, very good
Do they go up to 19" now?

Last time I checked it was only up to 18".
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

OxfordKodiaq

Post by OxfordKodiaq » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Yes Andyvee I think you are right, the Michelin website only shows them up to 18"
We've usually had a proper winter tyre and then swapped back out for the summers in the spring
Petrol Blue 190PS 4X4 Edition, Panoramic Roof, Adaptive Cruise, Park Assist, Heated Rear Seats, Heated Wheel, Family Pack & Ambient LEDs.

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm not a big fan of all weathers, but those cross-climate got excellent reviews.

I normally do the same - swap wheels over, but I'm not sure with the K if I can be bothered, unless I can get a set of 17" steels for sensible money.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Savage

Post by Savage » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 am

Well I have a set of triglavs if anyone wants to use them for a winter set of tyres, PM to discuss but pics are in the for sale section ;)
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”