Centre caps

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Professor

Centre caps

Post by Professor » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:10 pm

I’ve bought some oem 20’ Audi wheels for my kodiaq coming this month
Having them refurbed
They have a centre bore if 66.6
And I think the kodiaq wheels have one of 57.1 so I know I need spigot rings but what about the centre caps ? Will they just transfer from the Skoda wheels to the Audi ones it will I need to purchase new ones
(UK) Ordered Kodiaq SE, 1.4, 2wd, black magic pearl, black and toscana cloth, isofix front, compartment under seat, remote folding rear seats, parking sensors, childrens pack, spare wheel

s9plususer

Re: Centre caps

Post by s9plususer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Any pictures of the new wheels bud?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:56 pm

You must advise your insurance company of the change as they are not standard. If you have a prang they may use any excuse not to pay up. Bad enough if you have to pay two lots of repairs, worse if you write your K off, complete disaster if the prang involves a death! :o BE WARNED!
Also it may well invalidate your Skoda warranty for anything to do with wheels, bearings brakes etc.

If you go from the OE 18" wheels to 20" to maintain a legal speedo reading you would have to fit approx 35 aspect tyres i:e: 'rubber bands',
( bear in mind I don't know the inset/offset etc of either wheel)
If you don't go down in aspect you will add to all the other problems listed above and may well end up with an illegal speedometer.

Riding on 35 aspect tyres will improve your road holding but may well increase the wealth of your Chiropractor! :lol:

Were you aware of all these implications?
If I was in your shoes I would not entertain the idea.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?w ... offset2=20
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Typically Audi wheels have larger center caps and your unlikely to find genuine Skoda caps that will fit. You may find some stickers on eBay that you could cover the Audi ones, or just put some Audi badges on the front and back of your Kodiaq so they’re all matching. :lol:
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”