Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Spare Wheel

19K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  old man 
#1 ·
Hi I've just ordered a Kodiaq, does anyone know why I cannot order the spare wheel option on the 5 seat version?

#4 ·
H2UBS said:
richardha said:
Hi I've just ordered a Kodiaq, does anyone know why I cannot order the spare wheel option on the 5 seat version?
The 5 seat version has a lower boot floor, and no 'well' for a spare.
Our 5 seater has a spare, in a well!

#5 ·
I also asked for a 5 seater with spare wheel and was told the same, so now have the seven seater. Dealer didn't understand why as well

#7 ·
I have a 14.TSi SE 5 seat 2WD with a well which contains a spare wheel. I did not spec it; was told that all new UK Skodas have a spare wheel, which houses the woofer for the Canton sound system.. Same when I got my Yeti in 2014.

#10 ·
Must say the Canton speaker upgrade gives it the best sound I've heard in a car for a long time. Even wifey notices the quality, and she's selectively deaf.

#11 ·
Hmmm,

Apologies if I'm misreading this, but I have an SE spec 5 seat Kodiaq, that doesn't have the Canton system.

It has a full-size spare wheel. This wasn't listed as an option, so I assumed it's standard.

Phil

#12 ·
I have an SE 5 seat and it didn't come with any kind of spare wheel. I'm glad it didn't as I bought the Kodiaq and specifically the 5 seat version for the big boot.
The only spare wheel I can see, even as an option, is a space saver not a full size wheel.

#14 ·
H2UBS said:
Just found this Space Saver wheel on the interweb for £160 delivered.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/skoda-kodiaq-18-space-saver-spare-wheel-tool-kit.html

Worth a punt at that price.
Wheel arrived today, looks ideal, just need to work out where to put it.

My 5 seater SEL has a low boot floor and the puncture repair kit sits beneath in 'what's left of ' a well which is only 60mm deep. See photos.
The wheel and tyre are 140mm thick and weighs 15.8 kg
I see 3 options.
1. Place in existing well, and as the wheel now stands 80mm proud, use some MDF to make a new raised boot floor.
2. Move rear seats forward to create room for the spare to stow upright behind it.
3. Place on existing boot floor / covering and use MDF to adapt boot floor height beneath dog cage which lives in the boot.

Attachments

#16 ·
Skoda do a retro fit kit for the 5-door - part number ZGBBOM065SK.

Here's one on eBay

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Kodiaq-5-Seat-Model-18-Spare-Wheel-Tool-Kit-/263398969586

I had a big moan at Skoda UK about why they wouldn't line fit this option on 5-doors but would happily supply them as a retro kit. Why should I pay £265 for a kit when 7-seat customers can order one for £105 (at the time of my order)

They buckled and agreed to sort things via the dealer. The kit includes all the inner floor polystyrene mounding pieces, tools, securing clamp, floor panel and the wheel. I paid £105 fitted.

Try complaining - it worked for me

#17 ·
A big thankyou to H2UBS for his idea and pics of a false floor to cover his space saver wheel.

Whilst not an exact copy, I did similar yesterday and it works a treat, and with original carpet plus a plastic boot tray back in place, you'd be none the wiser. I even managed to make a contraption to keep the wheel bolted to the floor so there's no bouncing around when driving - works a treat.

The materials I used effectively cost me nothing because I already had them in the garage. I don't throw much away :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.