Changing wheels

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Faults and Fixes
Liftrepairman

Changing wheels

Post by Liftrepairman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi All, new to the forum and the kodiaq. Basically I am picking up my first brand new kodiaq se tomorrow morning. Its business grey and has silver roof rails. However I do have a damper on the car-wheels! It has the standard wheels and I cant help but think they let the car down. What is the procedure with changing wheels? The car is on a pcp deal and the dealer-white dove cardiff said I could replace the wheels after delivery. I really want trivago anthracite. Any help appreciated.

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Changing wheels

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Liftrepairman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Hi All, new to the forum and the kodiaq. Basically I am picking up my first brand new kodiaq se tomorrow morning. Its business grey and has silver roof rails. However I do have a damper on the car-wheels! It has the standard wheels and I cant help but think they let the car down. What is the procedure with changing wheels? The car is on a pcp deal and the dealer-white dove cardiff said I could replace the wheels after delivery. I really want trivago anthracite. Any help appreciated.
I’m not going to be much help in the practicality’s of changing wheels but I do agree with you that the standard fit wheels on the SE are less than impressive, I have said it many times on here to the disgust of another member.... what was his name... so easy to forget... that 17” & 18” rims look too small on the Kodiaq. I like the Triglav in black and anthracite but it’s going to cost 262 notes per corner if you buy them new. From experience dealer won’t be much help is doing anything other than supplying them at list price.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Liftrepairman

Post by Liftrepairman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 pm

I appreciate your input. I have dropped the ball to be honest because we have committed to the pcp and signed all the paperwork etc. Then ten mins later I found a se drive which is around £1500 more. But I am under the impression we are committed now to the se. I haven't seen the car as buying from distance but I seen one today and was shocked at how bad the wheels look. I mentioned all this to the dealer but it was suggested to swap them once we have taken delivery. The issue is in this current climate I cant afford mentally and financially to commit to something I am not a 100% happy with.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Liftrepairman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 pm
I appreciate your input. I have dropped the ball to be honest because we have committed to the pcp and signed all the paperwork etc. Then ten mins later I found a se drive which is around £1500 more. But I am under the impression we are committed now to the se. I haven't seen the car as buying from distance but I seen one today and was shocked at how bad the wheels look. I mentioned all this to the dealer but it was suggested to swap them once we have taken delivery. The issue is in this current climate I cant afford mentally and financially to commit to something I am not a 100% happy with.
The gamble is that a Elbrus alloy is presently on sale on a well known website for £192, if you got new Triglav’s and sold the Elbrus then your financial exposure is significant lower although I doubt you will get that for them. That said the risk is not being able to sell them. You need to remember that quite a few on here take off the bigger rims during the winter and put on smaller ones with winter tyres so there maybe a market for them. Personally I leave my 20” on during winter and if it snows I stay at home and drink gin.

Liftrepairman

Post by Liftrepairman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

I have to be honest on collecting the car I have changed my mind. I was surprised how nice it actually looks.

IMG-20200627-WA0001.jpg

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Liftrepairman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm
I have to be honest on collecting the car I have changed my mind. I was surprised how nice it actually looks.
As long as you are happy, that’s all that matters. Enjoy the car.

Steven.T

Post by Steven.T » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Good to see a fellow Lift engineer has good taste in cars!
69 plate Sportline 190 TDI 4x4 DSG

Liftrepairman

Post by Liftrepairman » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Who do you work for?