Old and Grumpy

Re: Tyre pressures 7 seater Kodiaq

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 pm

old man wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm
Not for my Kodiaq it doesn't.
That's because you have the lowly SE ;)
But it found my "lowly" SE.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm

old man wrote:
Indeed, I wish I had the higher spec S which I think came with better 17 inch wheels. I think this higher spec car is no longer available and SE is as good as it gets.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 pm
old man wrote:
I've found on many car web sites that the 1.5 TSI 4x4 DSG does not exist.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Silverbear wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:10 pm
Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 pm
old man wrote:

I've found on many car web sites that the 1.5 TSI 4x4 DSG does not exist.
The site finds my car specification, probably driven from the DVLA database, but doesn’t give the tyre pressures which would suggest the site is cr@p.

I am surprised however you are not up in arms as the pressures given are in bar and not the good old fashioned PSI. Let’s face it the UK only went decimal on 15th February 1971 and and we all know you don’t like to move with modern life particularly quickly.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Zach

Post by Zach » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:49 pm

I prefer PSI over bar to be honest, pretty sure most people even nowadays are brought up with PSI even in metric countries.
SOLD! BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Zach wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:49 pm
I prefer PSI over bar to be honest, pretty sure most people even nowadays are brought up with PSI even in metric countries.
To be fair most filling stations in the UK still use PSI and don’t offer Bar as an option on the automatic compressors, so you have to convert it yourself anyway. It would be better if the trade chose one and stuck with it. I said that about VHS and Betamax.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Zach wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:49 pm
PSI or bar is a bit like feet or metres. For me the units depend on what I'm measuring and I find several of something more intuitive than a fraction of something large. Thus for human height it is several feet and several inches rather than one and a bit metres but my car is about 4.7 metres long and about 6 feet wide. That said for tyre pressures I'm fine with both. My pencil tyre pressure gauge has them both and tyres pressures are sufficiently abstract and infrequent for me not to have a preference. The foot pump gauge is so inaccurate as to be useless. I had an electric pump on my previous car but it was so noisy it was anti-social and besides I can always use the exercise.

Bar or PSI? Really one should use Pascals of course but there would be so many of them some would get lost.

I was once asked for my height and though I know it in metric and Imperial I gave it in Imperial. The person who asked objected to the units and requested metric. I declined, their lack of education is not my problem. I use Imperial around the house as I prefer educated children who know both! Besides, if they want to talk to their grandmother metric will get them nowhere and how could one read classic literature! I think I'll start giving distances in leagues in case the children bump into Captain Nemo so they might converse and perhaps understand why their captain is so worried about Pascal.

bobmedia

Post by bobmedia » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Thank you NigelE. Just the job while I wait for the dealer to provide the label. Ordered but couldn't give a date for delivery.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”