Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
OlivierW11

Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Post by OlivierW11 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 am

First real issue with my bear.

One of the rear doors' protection plastic tongue fell off. Put it back (meant to be interchangeable) but noticed that the whole deployment mechanism was gripped.

Back to dealer...

Anyone else?

:(
Next: Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI in Jungle Green (+pano/ambient/virtual pedal/Canton/Child pack/Heated Wheel w/ Shifters/etc.) Triglav to be repainted black soon... :roll:

Colin Lambert

Re: Door protection thingy. Gripped.

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 am

Bumma!.
Did it get caught on anything that may have caused it to pop off?
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KodiaqDna

Post by KodiaqDna » Tue May 02, 2017 10:51 am

Having those was something that I am not to fussed about and I mentioned it to the salesman when I was looking to order. He thought they were a good idea. I mentioned that they have them on the Ford's. A mate of mine has them (well used to) on his Ford Focus but they came off when damaged. He had new ones fitted but the same happened again, so he decided to leave them off altogether. Hopefully these will be a little more robust!
Kodiaq Edition1.4tsi manual awd in quartz grey with black leather, rear view camera with led rear lights, adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis control, rough road package, front /rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen/washers.

OlivierW11

Post by OlivierW11 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 am

@Colin it is on my son's side, so it is the door we are using the most... i'm just surprised that it is the mechanism that seems gripped...
Next: Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI in Jungle Green (+pano/ambient/virtual pedal/Canton/Child pack/Heated Wheel w/ Shifters/etc.) Triglav to be repainted black soon... :roll:

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue May 02, 2017 2:57 pm

I have heard reports that some dealers are getting them damaged on the showroom models ...
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

OlivierW11

Post by OlivierW11 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:09 am

Car booked for repairs on May 15th...

OlivierW11

Post by OlivierW11 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 am

Dealer checked the car last monday and confirmed he was reordering the whole mechanism... Also confirmed they were on back orders and none are currently in the UK.... and that they are in high demand all over europe...

Problem is common apparently....

Worth keeping an eye on...

erniem

Post by erniem » Thu May 18, 2017 3:51 pm

My front drivers one doesn't appear to be on correctly, I get the feeling it was removed and fixed back on

My Dealer has said to it to any dealer for a warranty repair
Kodiaq 150 TDI SE-L 4x4 DSG
Media Command
3 year Infotainment
Rear heated seats
Lighting pack
Front and Rear sensors

Savage

Post by Savage » Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 pm

If any of mine start misbehaving, I will just remove them and be done.
The real protection the car needs, is from others TBH.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

DaveAldi

Post by DaveAldi » Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 pm

One of my rear doors had to be slammed to shut it from new and eventually failed to close completely due to the plastic protector failing to move out of the way properly. I removed the protector and replaced it but same thing happened again so removed it and left it off. Other doors seem ok so far.
Edition 190 Petrol Blue, area view, trailer assist, F&R sensors, adaptive cruise, travel assist, heated screen & steering wheel with paddles, virtual pedal, Canton, space saver, 5 year warranty

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”