Front Lower Spoiler

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
MDKodiaq

Front Lower Spoiler

Post by MDKodiaq » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Evening everyone,

I have a new Kodiaq with less than 800km. There was a loud vibration under the dash when driving which was fixed by the dealer and when I picked up the car there were scratches on the bonnet and lower plastic spoiler plus mud on the roof and rear window and under the car. Also all 4 sidewalls showed clear evidence of use off road. As I’m sure you can imagine, I was not very happy!

It’s being fixed but I was wondering as I’m having the lower plastic spoiler replaced, I should consider ones from other trim levels.

Does anyone know which trims have a direct replacement for an upgraded lower front spoiler that will fit straight in without replacing the whole bumper? If you have pics and/or part numbers that would be great too!

Thanks,

Scott

B4301B32-3485-42AE-9D55-8D5B9C93E027.jpeg

2020 Kodiaq 1.4 DSG 125th Anniversary Edition

JamieK

Re: Front Lower Spoiler

Post by JamieK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Workshop manual says the lower spoiler just clips in to the bumper. Take a look at this:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... E-4pcs-set

Says you can have the Sportline look on any Kodiaq.

Seems very expensive upgrade for little gain. Plus it will need painting.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:51 pm

I woulsstick with the type of spoiler that is standard for that model.

I would also be asking Skoda directly to answer why one of their dealers allowed this to happen, it should be raised well above dealership level. I have no idea what the laws are in Moldova but in the UK I would be looking at reporting this as a crime and taking legal action against the dealership if I had proof they took it for a joy ride. I would suggest criminal damage and taking without consent are applicable in the UK as this was well outside the scope of doing a test run.

I would not accept that the dealer repairs the vehicle and leave it at that, a full independent inspection paid by the dealer is in order as you have only noticed cosmetic damage, you have no idea what other damage if anything has been inflicted upon your property. Compensation is in order.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

MDKodiaq

Post by MDKodiaq » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Thanks for that. I’ll make them pay for it.

Does anyone have the part numbers for these please? It look like it would come down the same amount as the one I have already, can anyone confirm regarding ground clearance?

Thanks,

Scott
2020 Kodiaq 1.4 DSG 125th Anniversary Edition

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 pm

I suggest you name and shame the dealer on this forum. They should not be allowed to get away with this.
A written complaint to Skoda U.K. is essential. Somebody at the dealership should loose his job over this!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 pm
I suggest you name and shame the dealer on this forum. They should not be allowed to get away with this.
A written complaint to Skoda U.K. is essential. Somebody at the dealership should loose his job over this!
Don’t think Skoda UK would be much interested in a complaint from Moldova :)
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:20 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm
Colin Lambert wrote:
Don’t think Skoda UK would be much interested in a complaint from Moldova :)
To be fair Skoda U.K. are rarely interested in problems in the U.K. either.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:00 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
When I signed up a few weeks ago, there was a post by Colin Lambert which stated in red letters no less,

PLEASE put your location in your profile.

:oops: Ouch!

:lol:

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:39 am

JamieK wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:00 am
Colin Lambert wrote:
When I signed up a few weeks ago, there was a post by Colin Lambert which stated in red letters no less,

PLEASE put your location in your profile.

:oops: Ouch!

:lol:
But very few people do! ☹️
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:24 am

Sorry if I missed Moldova, I was in too much of a hurry.
Not quite sure why 'OUCH'.
The reason for requesting (in red) was
1 your location is useful if questions are asked by the person concerned that have some bearing on location.
2. in red because in spite of originally asking many times, people still did not bother, so I was just trying to draw attention to the request.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00