Kodiaq Front Grill

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Winglad

Kodiaq Front Grill

Post by Winglad » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi all, I ordered a Kodiaq in race blue with black anthracite alloys for delivery around 1 Feb 2020.

Love the colour and wheels but would love to black out the chrome grill surround.

My research shows that removing the grill is problematic to the radar behind it which requires recalibration. The solution appears to be wrapping the chrome in vinyl.

Anyone got a solution they could share?
2020 edition ordered |Skoda Kodiaq Edition| 2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG (190PS) | 7 Str | Race Blue | Beige Leather | Anthracite Alloys | Pano Sunroof | Virtual Cockpit

old man

Re: Kodiaq Front Grill

Post by old man » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Just today, someone posted pics of themselves removing their chrome grill surround and replacing it with a black one.
Trouble is, I can't now find the thread and I can't remember if it was on here or Briskoda.
Perhaps you'll have more success if you do a search.

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm

old man wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 pm
Just today, someone posted pics of themselves removing their chrome grill surround and replacing it with a black one.
Trouble is, I can't now find the thread and I can't remember if it was on here or Briskoda.
I don't remember seeing anything like that on here today so more likely BriSkoda?
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

old man

Post by old man » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Alan Chapple wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm
old man wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 pm
I don't remember seeing anything like that on here today so more likely BriSkoda?

I'm almost beginning to wonder if I dreamt it cos I just cannot find it.

I'm sure I'm right though because I remember on of the pics showed how the chrome grill had broken during removal.

old man

Post by old man » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Found it !!!

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/469028-dark-reflectors/page/2/#comments

Doesn't go into a description of what was involved, so best to ask on Briskoda how he did it.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 pm

I cannot blame you for doing it as I am no fan of chrome trim on cars, I find it a little dated in terms of trying to premiumise the range. I say that as I am still the owner of a Edition, soon not to be, and never really liked the chrome but had to suffer it as I wanted the Edition spec.

I have to ask, if you are removing the chrome off the front grill then are you going to do that on the other chrome trim? If so then the roof rails are a major job as you will probably need to remove the interior headliner. Have you considered getting those bits wrapped as it maybe any easier option?
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Winglad

Post by Winglad » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:49 am

Hi, yes I am looking at just wrapping the chrome so it’s not a permanent change of the vehicle. Thanks
2020 edition ordered |Skoda Kodiaq Edition| 2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG (190PS) | 7 Str | Race Blue | Beige Leather | Anthracite Alloys | Pano Sunroof | Virtual Cockpit

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 pm

Mines been wrapped for a long time and been fine
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Winglad

Post by Winglad » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Was it expensive to wrap? I was thinking of wrapping the grill mirrors and roof bars

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm

No about £50 I think I had some other bits done at the same time tints etc
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights