Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Rear bumper reflector

19K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  FoxtrotAlpha 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Never really seen the point in modifying cars, if you want to drive around in a car that looks like a vRS then buy one. I know many like doing this but it's just a personal opinion. One question is how does this alter your warranty and/or insurance?

#4 ·
#7 ·
#8 ·
I still want a smooth panel I can paint/ wrap to tie in with the rest of the back end . That honeycomb is a nightmare for keeping water after washing

#9 ·
#10 ·
It was mentioned partly tongue in cheek as I think the price if the part shown is not far short of highway robbery! :eek:

#11 ·
Colin Lambert said:
It was mentioned partly tongue in cheek as I think the price if the part shown is not far short of highway robbery! :eek:
At today's exchange rate it works out at £68.30 which isn't that much and hardly highway robbery in my view. It's not something I would consider but if someone wanted to then it's quite cheap for original parts. I find it odd that someone who has wasted £1,000's on changing their cars in recent years finds £68 highway robbery.

#12 ·
I converted at yesterday's exchange rate if we're splitting hairs ;) I only consider it to be robbery, 'cos lets face it, it's only a strip of plastic reflector and to be honest not something on which I would want to spend my hard earned pension. :lol:
I may spend (waste in some people's opinion) my money on cars, but it is my hobby, I don't smoke, I don't drink and very few holidays due to dogs not going into kennels.
I also make sure I get what I for my money. I never add any bits & bobs apart from dash-cam. I also have a first class Skoda dealer who has always done me excellent deals (£600 knocked of my latest Karoq Edition, simply because I asked him nicely!) I have had 6 cars from him and sent others who have bought from him. A spot of mutual back scratching never goes amiss. :lol:

#13 ·
That is fair comment Colin, however I think Foxtrot Alpha is right really.

After all we are talking about a part that is cheaper than a tank of diesel or petrol.

#15 ·
Sorry Colin, it wasn't a dig at you personallyNo probs Foxtrot, I didn't take it personally
& I am not into mods either, not even detailing which I think is a waste of money with British roads and weather
and I could have worded it allot better and you are right about earning money and spending it how you want.

The point I was trying to make is that in the whole scheme of things it's not much money and if it makes the owner happier about their car it's money well spent. I think I stated on either this thread or others that I'm not keen on car modifications, probably as I have seen so many bad ones over the years, for simple things like this I can understand it.

The one thing I think let's the Kodiaq down is the styling of the back end of the Edition and below, the Sportline and vRS look allot better. I really dislike the backend of my Edition hence why I have a Sportline on order (its on a hire contract so I guess I'm wasting money myself as I will never own anything). Due to how I am financing my cars I cannot modify them anyway as they are not mine to modify.

#16 ·
Kenny212 said:
Yes have fitted it to my velvet red sportline as i felt the black plastic looked, wrong, also it refects the lights from the car behind you, so act like a safety feature at nights

IMG_20190427_162008.jpg
Like you I have bought the reflective strip for the rear bumper. Was it an easy job to fit. Any tips? Thanks

#17 ·
Kodiconvert said:
Kenny212 said:
Yes have fitted it to my velvet red sportline as i felt the black plastic looked, wrong, also it refects the lights from the car behind you, so act like a safety feature at nights

IMG_20190427_162008.jpg
Like you I have bought the reflective strip for the rear bumper. Was it an easy job to fit. Any tips? Thanks
Any chance of a picture please?

#18 ·
The pictures in his post

#19 ·
C2atb said:
The pictures in his post
No. The picture of the red Kodiaq with it is in the post.

I don't see a picture of the Blue one, which is what I was asking for.

#20 ·
If you are meaning mine, I've yet to fit it!

Haven't had time to explore the trim removal yet and hoping for some tips from Kenny first as no fitting instructions were supplied. I will post a pic in due course. I'm also waiting for the chrome tailgate trim to arrive.

#23 ·
Now fitted, from Superskoda. Really breaks up that plain rear end.
Suggest fitting the reflector to the black moulding before fitting in place.
I levered existing corner reflectors out and broke them, to save having to get behind to the clips. New corner reflectors match the refector bar.
Also fitted dummy exhaust trims from Superskoda to break up large expanse of black plastic bumper.

Attachments

G
#24 ·
Napier said:
Now fitted, from Superskoda. Really breaks up that plain rear end.
Suggest fitting the reflector to the black moulding before fitting in place.
I levered existing corner reflectors out and broke them, to save having to get behind to the clips. New corner reflectors match the refector bar.
Also fitted dummy exhaust trims from Superskoda to break up large expanse of black plastic bumper.
Does all that put your insurance up? Insurers want to know about body kits and exhaust modifications.

G
#26 ·
Napier said:
Not a bodykit, its a safety feature if anything.
Exhaust is not modified, just trims added.
If it were me I'd tell my insurance company. I have to tell mine when I fit 17 Inch wheels and winter tyres despite it making the car safer for winter driving. Happily they don't charge me anything but they insist on being informed, and again when I change back to Summer wheels. My insurance terms and conditions say any modification after it leaves the factory, even an aftermarket tow bar and I wonder of one needs to tell them about tow bar mounted bike carriers.

There is no harm telling them so they have a record, better to have to pay more than run the risk of voiding ones insurance is the view I take. I know for example I must tell them if I fit aftermarket reversing sensors or camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.