Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Alternative drink holders?

20K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  michor 
#1 ·
I really love my new Kodiaq Sportline, but the small and oddly placed drink holders between the front seats are annoying me, as I can fit my favorite coffee mug, that I've used in Volvo V70, passat, Astra, land rysjer and Mercedes.
Its just too narrow, and non adjustable.
I've googled a bit, and on ebay/aliexpress, there are pictures of a solution I think might work, in adds for center console trays.
Can anyone identify the part in the red circle, what it's called, where I can buy, or just any info to hunt it down?
[I'm]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSPtZ4Kx33S6kclCzzFgvhoae6z [/img]

#2 ·
Sletto,

I know what you mean with the cup holder. I used to use a Bodum stainless steel cup but found it just a few mm too wide at the base so it had to be wedged in. After it tipped a few times I ended up getting a Nespresso Touch cup to use instead as it's 5 mm narrower at the base, which made all the difference. It's a far better cup as well IMHO, no rubber sleeve to rust under and a rolled top makes it better to drink from when not using the lid.

The Touch is a bit pricey (£18) but with the discount you get for reusable cups it should me take less than a year to pay for itself.

As for your picture, I haven't got a scuby I'm afraid.

#4 ·
Yeah, I've got a starbucks 1in there as well as a spare, but the touch is insulated, so keeps the coffee warm for hours.

#5 ·
I have the same gripe with the cupholders - Just need to find a suitable cup I suppose! Normal disposable cups are a good fit :/

I bought one of those 'tray' things - it doesn't fit because of the 2 vertical 'rails' to hold our cupholder piece - it wont sit down properly into the storage box. I do plan to dremel the back end off at some point to see if I can jimmy-up something. I got a refund and apology from the seller on eBay.

#8 ·
mesirs said:
I have Contigo autoseal travel mug but it doesn't fit
Finally got my MY19 2.0TSI, and YES, the cup holder is too small. It barely (!) fits metallic Contigo, as it tapers somewhat at the bottom. So, it is a solution, also being the best travel mug IMHO.

Attachments

#9 ·
Has anyone found any workable solutions to the useless centre drink holder?
Can't understand why they didn't put in the normal 'grip' type holders that work on large and small bottles/cups.....had a loan VW Toureg recently which had excellent cup holders in the middle......same parent company, so why not use an existing solution?

Small water bottles are too loose, larger ones too wide at the bottom......it's a small thing in the general scheme of things, but still drives me mad in a £30K+ car!!

#11 ·
Drinkware Bottle Flowerpot Tableware Water bottle

I got this little beauty when I picked up my car back in Jan 2019 as a deal sweetener from the dealer. Fits perfectly, but I would say that the main thing about it is how I described it initially - it's quite small and doesn't hold much coffee!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.