Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Footrest install

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Is this for the throttle foot or the clutch foot?
After a long slow drive the other day in heavy traffic my right ankle was killing me after having to hold my foot up, hovering over the accelerator or pressing it very gently?
I made a foot rest out of some aluminium sheet.
(can post picture & detail if anyone interested.)
The one mentioned above is not available in the U.K.

#3 ·
Hi!

Any news on this? Have you managed to fit it? Is it easy? I've been wondering about getting one too, but I'm waiting to get my car first - tomorrow's the day! :D

#4 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Is this for the throttle foot or the clutch foot?
After a long slow drive the other day in heavy traffic my right ankle was killing me after having to hold my foot up, hovering over the accelerator or pressing it very gently?
I made a foot rest out of some aluminium sheet.
(can post picture & detail if anyone interested.)
The one mentioned above is not available in the U.K.
I've had problems with my right foot and it was killing me for a couple of days after a 4 and a half hour drive.
I made sure I used ACC on the return journey and I've never had such a blissful drive. I barely touched the pedals over a three hour period.
My foot was fine when I got home :D

#5 ·
Unfortunately I don't have ACC and the long drives I do are cross country ( we have no motorways in Dorset) That is why I made up a footrest for my right foot.

#7 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Unfortunately I don't have ACC and the long drives I do are cross country ( we have no motorways in Dorset) That is why I made up a footrest for my right foot.
No motorways in Norfolk either, but ACC is one of our top 2 favourite options on the car - just brilliant for making busy A road journeys an exercise in relaxation and easy driving.

#8 ·
If anyone else is thinking of getting one of these, check with your dealer first or with any reputable supplier of Skoda accessories in your country, because rather unusually this is vastly overpriced on superskoda. They're asking €54.99 for it, while my Skoda garage in Luxembourg charges €17.75 and the Belgian Skoda network appears to have it for €15.

#9 ·
ÂŁ53 for a foot rest. You HAVE to be joking!
I made mine up from a piece of scrap ally and 1 self tapper + 2 bits of velcro cost ÂŁzero!! :lol:
Clips behind carpet on RIGHT side by throttle pedal. Just relieves ankle strain on long journeys at light throttle pressure.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Here is my home made right footrest.
I had to screw the 2 pieces together as I had no way of folding a double return crease in the ally.
The to black bits are very coarse male velcro-type hooks from the XLR throttle mod kit,. They grip onto the back of the carpet, which is very thick and rigid.
The long side goes behind the carpet, the shorter side provides support against the pile of the carpet.
Although I can't press hard on the rest, it is sufficiently strong enough to rest the outside of my right foot to ease ankle pain.
It can of course be easily removed and leaves no marks or sign of it ever having been there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.