Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
SkodaVRS1963

Re: Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Pink72 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:32 pm
It ended up scuffing the paint on my door frame so they have been permanently removed.
Yeah, one of my fears as per my earlier post; one of them protruding when you shut a front door (which must weigh quite a bit) is going to make a mess of the paintwork on your door edge.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:33 pm

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:42 pm
Pink72 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:32 pm
It ended up scuffing the paint on my door frame so they have been permanently removed.
Yeah, one of my fears as per my earlier post; one of them protruding when you shut a front door (which must weigh quite a bit) is going to make a mess of the paintwork on your door edge.
When you get in or out of any of the doors, your footwear might make a mess of the sills of the car.

Are you going to take your shoes off too?

Thinking about it, it is also possible that windscreen wipers might cause scratches to the windscreen. You'd better remove the windscreen wipers as well!
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Apologies, your attempt at some sort of sense of humour went right over my head.

But I'm sure that's my problem, not yours :shock:
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”