Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Zach

Re: Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Post by Zach » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:23 pm
If you are talking Kodiaq, you have no option. They are standard on all Ks. (don't know about the base model)
As of MY20 they’re now only available with the Family Pack.
BW32 2017 Kodiaq 190TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey + Sirius rims, 5yr Warranty, Sunroof, Sleep Pack, Rear Heated Seats, Driver Profiles
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:26 am

Thanks Zach.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

J-R

Post by J-R » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:10 am

Two updates:

Thanks Kenny R -- I finally got around to checking out the link you sent to the video of the guy using a screwdriver to pull out the piece in order to re-secure the protection thingy (www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXwHenzyIWA) and it seems to have worked -- at least for now, it's retracting fully once again. Appreciate the pointer!

Thanks Old & Grumpy -- I followed what you sent in order to find the service info (in CAR -> Settings (?!) -> Service) -- as I thought, it says my first oil change is scheduled at 15,000 km or one year.

Have a great weekend,
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:28 pm

J-R wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:10 am
Two updates:

Thanks Old & Grumpy -- I followed what you sent in order to find the service info (in CAR -> Settings (?!) -> Service) -- as I thought, it says my first oil change is scheduled at 15,000 km or one year.

Have a great weekend,
JR
It looks like you are on the Fixed servicing schedule, 12,000 miles or one year.

Enjoy your weekend.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Leicestershire.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

J-R

Post by J-R » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 pm

J-R wrote:
Thanks Kenny R -- I finally got around to checking out the link you sent to the video of the guy using a screwdriver to pull out the piece in order to re-secure the protection thingy (www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXwHenzyIWA) and it seems to have worked -- at least for now, it's retracting fully once again. Appreciate the pointer!
No good! Just a couple days later and the driver's door won't close again. Piece of junk, if you ask me. Will ask the dealer to take a look at it when I'm there for my first service. The other three doors are still working OK.

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:58 pm

J-R wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 pm
J-R wrote:
No good! Just a couple days later and the driver's door won't close again. Piece of junk, if you ask me. Will ask the dealer to take a look at it when I'm there for my first service. The other three doors are still working OK.

JR
Good luck with that, the standard response from dealers seems to be that these protectors are not covered under warranty although I have had mine replaced as a ‘goodwill gesture’ from Skoda UK. I read that as we know it’s rubbish but can’t admit it.

Unfortunately some have had their claims under warranty rejected, one dealer told me that unless I can prove that I didn’t cause the damage myself (or small child caught it on way out - it was the drivers door so unlikely) then they would need to charge me.

Theses things are a great idea but badly implemented. They really should repair the free gratis or ditch them.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Lerwick40

Post by Lerwick40 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:45 am

Mine is currently in the dealership having the headlights replaced, the rear door protectors have also failed but they will not be replacing them under warranty! Skoda were changing them intially but have since been told not to replace them.

Skoda warranty procedure is shocking, I had to fight tooth and nail to have my battery replaced!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Just remind Skoda U.K. (speak to Customer services MANAGER!) and dealer,
that a number on this forum have had their door guards replaced F.O.C. as a matter of 'courtesy'. Mine was one of the first and the offending one was replaced f.o.c. with a promise to replace all four with the new improved mechanism when it became available. I P/Xd the car without the update. Which, as far as I am aware, still has not!
They seem completely incapable and completely unwilling to admit that these door guards are, in many cases, completely unfit for purpose. Send them a solicitors letter if it becomes necessary.
How can a car costing the price it does with a so-called bumper to bumper (excluding consumables, warranty, which these items are not) exclude the guards?
Skoda's attitude to various warranty claims, beggars belief. One wonders if they are trying to alienate their customers.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Is this thread only about guards that have actually fallen off? All mine work but one of them is slightly wonky (that's the correct technical term...yes it is) as it fits on the side of the door. Is there an adjustment mechanism to square it up?
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Silverbear wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm
Is this thread only about guards that have actually fallen off? All mine work but one of them is slightly wonky (that's the correct technical term...yes it is) as it fits on the side of the door. Is there an adjustment mechanism to square it up?
I suggest checking that it is correctly located on the door mechanism. Push home with the door open only 6 inches max. OR try the method of holding the internal mechanism with a screwdriver and pushing the guard home as described earlier in this thread. Good Luck, (from someone whos door guards have been OK for 14 months from new. That will have invoked SOD'S LAW I expect!).
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Leicestershire.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”