Do you have any of these SuperSkoda accessories?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
J-R

Do you have any of these SuperSkoda accessories?

Post by J-R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:37 am

Hi all,

I am considering ordering the following accessories from SuperSkoda and have some questions, in case anyone has experience with them...

1. Kodiaq - side doors protection mouldings (http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... s-4pcs-set)

Do these protrude far enough from the lower part of the door that a door opening from a neighboring car will not dent the metal of the upper part of the door?

Is the double-sided adhesive they come with strong enough to keep them attached for years given driving wind, weather, etc.?

2. Kodiaq - genuine black perforated ALCANTARA jumbo box cover (http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... -box-cover)

I really like the idea of this, as the built-in "arm rest" is far too low to rest my arm on. Does this cushion extend tall enough to actually be a comfortable arm rest?

3. Floor mats RUBBER (heavy duty) (http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... oduct-REAR and http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... roduct-LHD)

Where I live, it is very dusty/muddy and the cloth floor mats are always dirty and difficult to clean. These seem like a much more practical alternative. Any reason they are NOT a good idea?

4. Mud flaps (http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... laps-FRONT and http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/ ... flaps-REAR)

These look rather small - do they actually do the job? Can I install them myself or would I need a professional to do it?

Thanks very much for any info you can provide!

Cheers,
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

ChristianScout190

Re: Do you have any of these SuperSkoda accessories?

Post by ChristianScout190 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:07 pm

I have the floor mats and mud flaps.

Rubber mats.... Brilliant.... Nice snug fit with a decent raised lip. If you have little people I can suggest the rubber tunnel cover too. We didn't need this as the boy keeps muddy boots on the mat.

Box cover.... You say the standard one is too low. It does slide forward and you can then lift it on a ratchet type mechanism.
Scout 190 TDI 4x4 DSG
Gaffer tape is like 'the force'... It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Rubber mats, much cheaper options available from B&M, Home Bargains etc.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.

My best car yet. :)

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:07 pm

I’ve got the rubber mats front and back and also the tunnel mat. As said the mats have a nice raised lip all round that are great for containing puddles from wet feet and save the carpet from getting wet, and are easy to keep clean with a damp sponge.
I also have the mud flaps front and back too and they’re very easy to fit yourself.
The side mouldings look a bit naff to me and as said the lid of the armrest can be raised and moved back or forward to whatever height you require.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

J-R

Post by J-R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks Christian and Kenny for the responses.

I'm gonna get the rubber floor mats and, thanks to your suggestions, also the tunnel mat.
I also have the mud flaps front and back too and they’re very easy to fit yourself.
Would you mind explaining briefly what's involved in installing the mudflaps DIY? I'm somewhat handy and have plernty of tools, but I haven't done something like this on a car and I will order them if I feel more comfortable about the process. The way my bear is sprayed/dirtied constantly behind all four wheels, I definitely want to!
the lid of the armrest can be raised and moved back or forward to whatever height you require.
I haven't figured this out yet (feeling a bit dumb!), and couldn't find instructions in the manual. Could someone please explain exactly how to raise the whole box cover / armrest and lock it in at a higher level?

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Silverfoxed

Post by Silverfoxed » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm

I’d love to know how to raise it too! Many thanks
J-R wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Thanks Christian and Kenny for the responses.

I'm gonna get the rubber floor mats and, thanks to your suggestions, also the tunnel mat.
Would you mind explaining briefly what's involved in installing the mudflaps DIY? I'm somewhat handy and have plernty of tools, but I haven't done something like this on a car and I will order them if I feel more comfortable about the process. The way my bear is sprayed/dirtied constantly behind all four wheels, I definitely want to!
the lid of the armrest can be raised and moved back or forward to whatever height you require.
I haven't figured this out yet (feeling a bit dumb!), and couldn't find instructions in the manual. Could someone please explain exactly how to raise the whole box cover / armrest and lock it in at a higher level?

JR

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm

4F8CDF1B-214C-4046-90BF-844CEB5C93E3.png

Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

J-R

Post by J-R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks Kenny, I did see that in the manual, but when I lift, it just opens the box. It doesn't lift upwards while remaining horizontal. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Steviewise3

Post by Steviewise3 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm

I always slide the top portion of the arm rest forward first and then slowly move that up. When you move it up you should hear a clicking sound which lets you know you have reached another level where the rest will hold.
2.0 TSI 180PS 4X4 SPORTLINE 7 SEATS DSG, Meteor Grey, Canton, ACC, Memory seats, etc...

markymate

Post by markymate » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:49 pm

J-R. Push the lid as far forward as it go. Then gently lift it up, you will hear a light clicking noise. Each click you hear is a locking height. I think there's 4. When you hear the first click, push down on the arm and you'll find it will be locked in place. So the more clicks the higher the arm rest.
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”