Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Converting a 5seat kodiaq into 7 seat option

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
Question: is it possible to convert a 5 seater kodiaq style 2.0 diesel 140kw into a 7 seater?

Due to a mistake from the dealer, I now have a 5 seat kodiaq style instaed of 7 seat one. 7 seats was my basic requirement to start with for changing the car and which is what I tested and believed I ordered until the dealer gave me the this big surprise on the day of delivery. Car was registered on my name before the delivery date so the dealer is trying to check what options I have. It's a huge huge disappointment for the entire family and we haven't come out of the shock yet. We have been dreaming about our new car for months now only to realize that it doesn't meet our requirement.

Please help.

G
#2 ·
I personally would have left car in showroom and told dealer to call when they have correct one.
You don't say where you are, but as you mention Style presume your not in UK.
Usually there's a few Kodiaq around in the system but don't know what it's like where you are or if you've loaded a lot of options which would make finding a match to your order difficult. If it comes to they have to reorder the correct spec, tell them you'll drive the one you've got till yours arrives.

#3 ·
I only picked up my Kodiaq last month, and we just went into local dealership and chose from what the had in stock pre-built.

I specifically wanted a 5 seater and found they were a lot less available than 7 seater versions.

I assume it won't be that easy to convert afterwards, we were given the impression when we picked up our car that fitting a towbar and 13 pin electric afterwards wouldn't be a big job or expensive, from my initial enquiries its the exact opposite.

#4 ·
I would think that the floor pan of the 5 seater is completely different from the 7 seater and therefore impossible. I would take the car straight back to the dealer tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine! In polite language decline the car as not being what you ordered. Demand an immediate refund and go to a competent Skoda dealer. I would also complain bitterly to Skoda Customer services in your country.
The salesman should be sacked!.
One Question. Why on EARTH did you accept it in the first place???

#6 ·
Not everyone is as clued up on their statutory rights.

Let's see if we can help this person, rather than criticising their decision to drive off with the car.
Can they still take the car back and reject it?

I believe someone of us here have done exactly that for other reasons, correct?

#8 ·
Thanks, everyone for the responses. My basic requirement is a 7 seater which I made it clear to the dealer in the very beginning and the car I drove for test drive was a 7 seater. I did not have enough time to order a new one with the 5 month wait time so I went ahead with the one they had in stock which at that time was expected to arrive in 6 weeks... they told that it meets all my requirements but forgot about 7 seats. I signed the contract which was in German plus nowhere in the contract the number of seats is mentioned so I did not notice either. I arrive at the dealer on the delivery day to uncover that it is a 5 seater.. and by then it was already registered on my name. So in a way it was also my mistake that i signed a contract without doing my due diligence, assuming that the dealer has taken care of all my requirements.

With that said, the dealer came back and confirmed today that it is impossible to add additional seats.. and they offered me another car with 7 seats with everything else same or better than the current one, at no additional cost. It's a different colour and another 2 months wait time but I can't complain considering the situation I am in right now.

Thanks again
Have a good evening

#9 ·
Considering the dealers cock-up, I think you can't really complain at their solution, You get 2 months free driving and a younger car.
A bit of a hoo-ha but you won in the end.
Well done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.