Door protection thingy. Gripped. UPDATE. Page 5.

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
vesku

Re: Door protection thingy. Gripped.

Post by vesku » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:38 am
Well, you are a lucky chap then! Enjoy. Did your come from Kvasiny in Czech Republic?
Don't get me wrong, I love my K but having paid all that money it would be awfully nice if it was trouble free. :roll:
Not from Kvasiny but from Helsinki Finland :D
KOdiaq 2.0 Tsi DSG AWD Panroof and almost all extra (Finnish Exclusive model)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Helsinki is obviously a better place to be built if you are a Kodiaq than Kvasiny then! :lol:
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:46 am

Drivers side rear didn’t retract and then a loud clunk as the plastic protector met the door cavity. Then opened the door to see the protector drop on to the floor.
It’s snapped off. The actual mechanism is now loose, it seems to broken inside the door, probably just popped off somewhere. Luckily no damage to the plastic.

It’s booked into the dealer to be looked at on the 15th, interestingly he told me they have had a few problems with these, he was hoping for it to be a recall. I’m hoping it will be done under warranty.

To be fair I’m not fussed about them, and may consider the disconnecting them route if it comes to it.

57342F52-5FD6-4DAF-8471-5197AD56B911.jpeg

02308D84-4F63-4C77-873C-C834F104F486.jpeg

BDE4BEC9-0B85-408F-B7A5-AD97BFE7E773.jpeg

1.4TSI Kodiaq SE 4x4 7 seats manual.. build week 23 5/6/17
Extras are window blinds, driver mode, colour computer, reversing camera and a spare wheel.

I swear way too much, apparently the use of colourful metaphors is frowned on in polite society!

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 pm

So took it to Skoda and they repaired it under warranty. All done... great customer service!
1.4TSI Kodiaq SE 4x4 7 seats manual.. build week 23 5/6/17
Extras are window blinds, driver mode, colour computer, reversing camera and a spare wheel.

I swear way too much, apparently the use of colourful metaphors is frowned on in polite society!

Aga

Post by Aga » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi, the same thing happened to us, it didn't shut properly and it broke and fell on the floor. The car is with Skoda at the moment but we've just had a text that the whole mechanism needs changing and it is not covered by warranty

Lord Muck - would you be able to send me some confirmation that you had it done under warranty so that I could show it to them?

I find it so annoying that they tell us it's our fault, that we must have damaged it... I don't want to let it go and I don't want to pay £218 to get it fixed!

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Aga

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Step 1.
Take it up with Skoda .uk.
Suggest you email rather than phone. Make it very clear that it was NOT your fault, you are not the only person to whom this has happened & that you expect it to be sorted out under warranty. Send a copy to the ceo of your dealership.
Good luck.
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Winnie The Pooh.

Aga

Post by Aga » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Thank you, Colin. I'll do that now.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm

DaveAldi wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 pm
One of my rear doors had to be slammed to shut it from new and eventually failed to close completely due to the plastic protector failing to move out of the way properly. I removed the protector and replaced it but same thing happened again so removed it and left it off. Other doors seem ok so far.
Today exactly the same thing happened to me. Without the slamming bit! Shut door perfectly normally. Guard did not retract and fell off in the road. Managed to clip it back on but it won't retract unless I push it in when door is nearly closed. I am therefore presuming that something has become detached inside the door.
So email to Meadens in the morning. Who, knowing their excellent service will fix it under warranty. I Hope!
Winnie The Pooh.

Aga

Post by Aga » Wed May 02, 2018 9:23 am

Skoda Cardiff at first didn't want to repair it under warranty but then when I said I'd speak to Skoda UK, they suggested they'd contact them instead. And they did. Skoda UK agreed to cover the cost of the parts and then Skoda Cardiff fitted them for me for free. I was really happy with their customer service, however, I'm not happy that Skoda UK are aware of the faulty part and don't want to repair it under the warranty.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Meadens have ordered the parts to repair mine and have made no mention of me having to pay for the labour.
I can't believe Skoda won't pay the dealer. I reckon dealer just said they'd fit it F.O.C. to impress you.
Skoda must be aware of the problem and it must be very common as my parts have been on order for over 2 weeks now.
Winnie The Pooh.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”