Skoda Connect not updating

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
dalglir

Re: Skoda Connect not updating

Post by dalglir » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Short answer: no.

Skoda support referred me to nearest dealership. Dealership did not recognise the problem and was talking about diagnostics and parts and potentially _days_.

And, bluntly, I really like my Kodiaq and couldn’t be arsed to go without it for what might turn into a few days to fix, for a problem that didn’t really impact me.

Service in 2 years I think.
150 PS 2.0 TDi DSG 2WD Edition.

'It's so... black!' said Ford Prefect. 'You can hardly make out its shape... light just seems to fall into it!' Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

H2UBS

Post by H2UBS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:43 am

H2UBS wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:04 pm
dalglir wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:14 am
Mine is not updating (since I tested if 'honk and flash' would make the car 'honk and flash' :lol:)

Now refuses to refresh for the last 8 days

Any other people having problems or know of a solution .. now 10 days without Skoda Connect updating .
Out of frustration I've had another 'play' with the car and infotainment system. I have just removed the '3' data sim I had been using for the wi-fi hotspot and 'hey-presto' Skoda Connect has finally updated itself. Looks like the internal sim doesn't like the external sim. I'll try it again and see what happens.
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

H2UBS

Post by H2UBS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Definitely have an issue with the 3 Sim and Skoda Connect. With the sim inserted Skoda Connect will not update. When removed Skoda Connect updates fine. Anybody else experiencing this ?
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

BearNecessity

Post by BearNecessity » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I have a 3 SIM in the Kodiaq and haven’t experienced any issues with the ŠKODA Connect app. It seems to update without any problem.
I tried ‘Honk & Flash’ to see if that might break it (like someone else had mentioned it stopped after that) but it still updates fine with all functions working - position, status, driving data etc.
2.0 DSG TSi Edition 7 seat in Quartz Grey, Panoramic Roof, ACC, Heated Screen/Rear Seats, Folding Towbar, Park/Trailer/Travel Assist, 360 Camera, Crew & Child Packs, Virtual Pedal, Ambient Lighting, Tri-zone climate, Road Sign Recognition

romanv

Post by romanv » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Occasionally Skoda Connect says that I don’t have any registered Kodiaqs. In that case I kill the app and restart it. It always work. It looks like any other action has a huge negative impact on Skoda Connect server.

Can you try to connect to Kodiaq when the engine is running?

Stevie C

Post by Stevie C » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Hey peeps,
May have found a solution to the Skoda Connect issue that was p!ssing me off royally!! I had an issue after I did something to my car settings and Skoda Connect just would not open on the car.
Faffed around for hours with it, and after deleting my profile, factory default reset of infotainment (yes it deleted all my mp3s from the car drive!!) I gave up.
My original intention was to set the system up on a WiFi hotspot from my fone (Samsung S7) then try a spare data SIM in the slot.
Initially connected fine to fone Bluetooth and Wi-Fi hotspot. All went well and Google Earth on Nav looked good. After I pressed something I lost all Skoda Connect. Repeatedly got message No Connection or Skoda Connect not available. Got nowhere fast. Slept on it.
Well today I had another go. I had even deleted my profile on the Connect App so had to input another code. Skoda Connect still wasn't having it!!!
...and then I ticked a box on settings buried in the Telephone Settings "Business" telephone interface.
(this also allowed me to select the SIM for data).
Everything connected after ticking that box!!!
I've uploaded map destinations and routes. All Connect functions are go! Weather, Google Earth, all fine now. I even set the car up as a WiFi hotspot and was getting about 20mbits on fone connected to car wifi on speedtest.

Why the feck "Business" telephone interface unlocked everything I have no idea.

20171024_124105.jpg

20171024_124128.jpg

20171024_124609.jpg

20171024_124444.jpg

20171024_124620.jpg

EDITION 190 DSG, 7 seat, Moon White, ACC, Canton, Virtual puddle, Area View with Trailer Trash ting, lectric towbar,heated seats windscreen n wheel, etc.
Ordered 25th Aug, BW 39, delivered 18th October.

romanv

Post by romanv » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:04 am

Business telephone interface actually means your external SIM that is used for most Skoda Connect/Infotainment services.

Stevie C

Post by Stevie C » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Yes and no RonanV.
I thought the same, initially it did enable Connect to use my phone SIM and finish it's setup. But it also then allowed me to select the car SIM (one I put in the dash slot). I could then select the tick for data only.
Until I ticked the "Business" telephone bit, all ground to a halt on setup and I got nowhere.
Just what I observed.

By the way, all has been faultless since.
EDITION 190 DSG, 7 seat, Moon White, ACC, Canton, Virtual puddle, Area View with Trailer Trash ting, lectric towbar,heated seats windscreen n wheel, etc.
Ordered 25th Aug, BW 39, delivered 18th October.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 am

I nominate Stevie C as the forum's "Skoda Connect Go-To Guy"!
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Stevie C,

I'll be picking my car up a week Sunday (when I get back from my week off).

I have a 3 12Gb SIM.

Can you clarify the best way to go about doing things so I don't mess it up please?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”