Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Importing CD's to Jukebox

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ApeDescendant 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So I recently got my new Kodiaq, its an Edition model. I wanted to know if I should be able to import a CD into the Jukebox or not? When I try and manage Jukebox and select import, the option for CD is permanently greyed out?

Does import not mean what think it means, does it actually mean "copy an MP3 from another device" rather than convert a CD like when importing to Amazon music or something?

I am sure the chappie said that when you play a CD in the device it automatically added it to the Jukebox or something?

#2 ·
For some reason, Skoda disabled the ability to rip CDs to the Jukebox about 2 1/2 years ago on Columbus units.

If you look at my VCDS tweaks for the Octavia 3 thread on Briskoda.net there is a post telling you how to enable it with VCDS on previous generation Columbus units.

When I get my Kodiaq I will start posting similar VCDS tweaks for the Kodiaq on here.

To be honest, the bitrate wasn't brilliant, probably about the equivalent of 256kbs MP3, I never could find out what format and bitrate was used, but I suspect it was a VBR WMA format.

The best way to do it is to convert to mp3 yourself on a PC at 320kbps, copy to a USB stick or SD card, then import.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.