Speed cameras

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
TheSwede

Re: Speed cameras

Post by TheSwede » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:22 am

This link can help you convert you POI file to work with Columbus. http://rollout.volkswagen.de/content/de ... mlung.html (it's in German only)
I got the link from https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/2 ... te/?page=3

Understand it's of no use to most members but for the few once from Sweden, you can download (free) camera and other poi's from here: https://www.posit.se/poi.php
Ordered April 5th-17, preliminary BW50
2.0 TDI 190 DSG|Style|Quartz Grey|Beige

Thought process

Post by Thought process » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am

Have just ordered an Edition with the columbus, unfortunately doesn't arrive until January. Do I take it from what is being said here that this system does not give a warning of speed cameras!? Reason I ask specifically asked the dealer this question and he said yes it does....have I been mislead? If so disapointed as currently have a Volvo XC60 and that automatically both shows them n screen and gives a audiable warning about 500m ahead.
Haslemere, UK. Ordered Yogi 12/10/17 Edition 2.0 TDI 190, business grey, rough rd, dynamic, pano roof, vented/heated seats, heated screen/washers, assistance pack, park/area camera, canton, tri zone, tow bar, child pack plus bits

vesku

Post by vesku » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:36 am

Hi! I have bought a dashboard camera which can warn me about those speed cameras. I think it is easier to update than Columbus.
KOdiaq 2.0 Tsi DSG AWD Panroof and almost all extra (Finnish Exclusive model)

MuddyFunster

Post by MuddyFunster » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi,
Thought process wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 am
Have just ordered an Edition with the columbus, unfortunately doesn't arrive until January. Do I take it from what is being said here that this system does not give a warning of speed cameras!? Reason I ask specifically asked the dealer this question and he said yes it does....have I been mislead? If so disapointed as currently have a Volvo XC60 and that automatically both shows them n screen and gives a audiable warning about 500m ahead.

Unfortunately, your dealer is incorrect.

As standard, the Sat Nav doesn't come with Speed Cam POI's. My old QuishQuash had them as well, so it's probably down to the different manufacturers - and possibly the French outlawing it (but probably not)

Installing the POI's is straightforward enough if you choose to go via 'the e-bay guy', he's very helpful if you get stuck (you won't)

I've also found that if you use Waze as you sat nav through Android Auto you get some nice announcements such as 'There is an average speed check zone ahead' and 'traffic light camera controlled junction ahead' which is nicer than the 'bong' ..

Phil
Kodiaq SE 1.4 DSG 4x4 - Moon White Metallic - Amundsen Nav' - 5 Seat
Full-size spare wheel!
If ever I am on Life Support, unplug me... then plug me back in again..... see if that helps...

davebakerpurton

Post by davebakerpurton » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Or of course you could "Gasp horror" just obey the speed limits
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey, Kodiaq 5 seat SE 150 TDI

RCRCRC

Post by RCRCRC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 pm

So you think that now the police in some areas are allowed to keep the revenue from cameras and "awareness courses " it is just a coincidence that fines have tripled?
SE L 2.0 150 Petrol Blue,Space saver,Canton,Black Leather,Seat mem,Drive mode,Driver alert, Heated Windscreen,High Beam,Area view,Folding tow bar,Trailer assist,DCC. LED lights.
Ordered 09/02/17@Hughes, Richard in South Buckinghamshire

Skodiaq79

Post by Skodiaq79 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 am

:lol:
davebakerpurton wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 pm
Or of course you could "Gasp horror" just obey the speed limits
:lol: :lol: Not just me thinking it then!! :lol: :lol:
Colchester, England - 2.0 TSI, DSG 4X4, 7 seat Edition in Quartz Grey, 19" Triglav, Canton sound system, spare wheel, aluminium pedals, elec. towbar, heated steering + paddles, ACC, heated windscreen + washer, area view + trailer assist - Wk 42 build

kodiaq-ki

Post by kodiaq-ki » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Where can i get the file as the ebay seller no longer lists the item for sale?

Looking to add it to my SE-L sat nav

OttosDad

Post by OttosDad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm

You may find your Police Force is one of those that Facetweet or what ever , their daily locations of active cameras. You can see if there is a Camera lens in the glass square of the yellow camera boxes.
Hence the data loaded devices you can obtain, are not as up to date as you would need them. Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times we live in when it's an easy way of making money under the loose guise of road safety , Just hang on to the thought the Police won't be able to afford the fuel to put in their camera vans before long . Also, remember street lamps and no speed repeater signs = 30 min limit so slow down.
Best of luck being able to instantly work out where the 30 mph is on the Skodiaq speedo . What happened to the Superbs style of speedo figures . :geek:
July 2018 Pearl black ,190 tdi, Edition. Cream interior, Camera, heated screen, Canton sound,

kodiaq-ki

Post by kodiaq-ki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi

Is anyone able to share the file with me if you have already installed it?

Or point me to a link where i can buy the file?

Unable to find it anywhere.

Any help welcome as would like to install before i take car on holiday this weekend.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”