Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Speed cameras

32K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
Is there an easy way of downloading a speed camera database to the Kodiaq sat nav - I have been using a dedicated app on my iPhone up to now (the PocketGPSworld camera alert app) but I'd like to just use the Kodiaq sat nav, with its traffic and also speed cameras if possible.
I did read a previous post about downloading from that very same site but it was a bit complex for me.

#6 ·
Basherdrummer said:
I'm tempted!
Please forgive my naivety but is it easy to load it onto the head unit - do you simply pop the SD card into a slot?
The files are sent in email, unzip to a SD card, out the SD card in the slit and import the POI's can even get the system to beep when your approxhaibg a speed camera

#9 ·
Thanks Murphy. I shall order it!
Anyone know of similar to show speed on useless in car sat nav that doesn't show it??

#10 ·
Instructions are clear enough, slight differences for our unit but easy to work out, all installed and selected in 2 mins :)
My POI list had maximum selected by default, I just cleared those and reselected what I wanted, job's a good 'un ;)

How do you mean Colin ? do you want a GPS actual speed showing or the speed limit on that road ?
Mine shows the road speed limit (but not always correct so be wary).

#11 ·
#13 ·
How did you install the camera update? I've ordered the same stuff posted on here an received the database file from the seller. When I add it to a memory card and try and update the POI's on the navigation menu it says it has to do it via a software update and then just exits?

#14 ·
meduk1 said:
How did you install the camera update? I've ordered the same stuff posted on here an received the database file from the seller. When I add it to a memory card and try and update the POI's on the navigation menu it says it has to do it via a software update and then just exits?
Strange, I've done it twice now with no issues.
Followed the instructions that came with the file. Only issue I had was that I had to unselect some POI's from been displayed as there's a limit.

Try contacting the eBay seller, he may be able to assist

#15 ·
Very odd - I can't even find an option of importing them in the menu. Would you mind letting me know the steps you went through.

I'm looking in Nav - settings - manage memory - import poi. When I go to that screen it just says that pois can be updated via a software update and asks if I want to scan for an update.

#16 ·
meduk1 said:
Very odd - I can't even find an option of importing them in the menu. Would you mind letting me know the steps you went through.

I'm looking in Nav - settings - manage memory - import poi. When I go to that screen it just says that pois can be updated via a software update and asks if I want to scan for an update.
Apologies I'm not my PC at home so can't recreate the steps. From.memory it was just following the supplied instructions. Is your the Columbus Sat Nav? That's what I have and it worked first time.

#19 ·
I disabled the ding because I was getting fed up with it :lol:
You can see them coming up on the nav screen in plenty of time, if you don't mind having that showing.
It does generally show most locations, but has missed a couple, one on a regular route of mine that I knew about, and one while on hols, but the lines on the road gave that one away before I got there :cool:

#21 ·
Hi,

New on the forums, but thought I'd contribute to this topic as I've purchased the database from the same e-Bay seller (via this forum)

Whilst I uploaded mine I took the chance to create a 'how to' doc, so thought I'd attach it here, just in case anyone needs a few pointers:

View attachment Speed Camera Update.pdf

apologies for the images, it was pretty dark when I did it.

Cheers

Phil

Attachments

#22 ·
I to purchased the Speed cam POI from the same e-bay seller.
I am very pleased with it and the installation went smoothly.

The only criticism of the POI file is that the "DING" warning happens very close to the camera.
Any one know if this distance can be altered???

Perhaps it could even be made to appear on the centre drivers display?

#23 ·
RCRCRC said:
I to purchased the Speed cam POI from the same e-bay seller.
I am very pleased with it and the installation went smoothly.

The only criticism of the POI file is that the "DING" warning happens very close to the camera.
Any one know if this distance can be altered???

Perhaps it could even be made to appear on the centre drivers display?
Maybe if you stop speeding, this won't be an issue! ;)

#24 ·
Daft question potentially, will this POI data include the cheeky M25 (the non variable overhead type) and M3 cameras?

#25 ·
Mine dose seem to include everything.

#26 ·
Does anyone have a site address for getting the POI database ourselves as l believe its freeware, l went searching but very quickly got confused.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.