Boot Lock & Alarm Issues

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Bradders101

Boot Lock & Alarm Issues

Post by Bradders101 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Afternoon all,

I'm 3 weeks in to the Kodiaq and loving it - great all round family car and on the whole very impressive.

However, over the past 1.5 weeks the car keeps thinking that the boot is unlocked - even when it's not or not been opened since the car was last driven! Very annoying when it sets the alarm off at 1.30 am and doesn't register you re-locking - it even when you open and close the boot! Mechanical opening means you can't give it a good "slam" either! :lol:

Had the lock mechanism replaced (fortunately, it seems to be a standard VAG part) which appears to have solved one issue, but now the sun's come out a large change in temperature keeps setting off the alarm instead! :evil:

Has anyone else faced similar issues / have any suggestions on how to resolve? Methinks it's a sensor fault and doubt that dealers will have had enough experience on these cars yet to get this resolved in short order.

Thanks all!
SE L. 2.0 DSG, Metallic Black, additional front ISOfix

BigfootW

Re: Boot Lock & Alarm Issues

Post by BigfootW » Wed May 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Nope not had this issue thank frig
Ordered a cappuccino 2.0tdi 148 Manual 4x4 SEL
Extras - Pano Sunroof, sunblinds in rear, front parking sensors, high beam assist, colour maxi dot.

From N.Ireland (Co.Armagh)

Drewsaa

Post by Drewsaa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:23 am

I am having this same problem but the boot is unlocking itself????

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:21 am

Drewsaa wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:23 am
I am having this same problem but the boot is unlocking itself????
Happened to me once, because the boot opening button on the key fob for long pressed accidentally in my pocket.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”