Another SKODA Connect App feature that doesn't work!

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
SkodaVRS1963

Another SKODA Connect App feature that doesn't work!

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:52 pm

So I left the Kodiaq unlocked because I needed to go down to the garage to retrieve some shopping.

After I've unloaded, I think "damn, the keys are back in the house". Oh, but never mind, I have the app which allows me to honk & flash, lock the doors, unlock the doors.......the dealer made a big deal about how fantastic it all was.

No worries then, just go back to the house and fire up the app. What could be easier?

Erm.

Apparently this message (quoted ad verbatim):

"Dear user, we protect your vehicle from unauthorised use. For remote locking and unlocking the vehicle, you must first verify at your SKODA service partner by submitting your driving license. Thank you for your understanding!"

So computer says no, even though my "service partner" had my driving licence (I've spelled "licence" correctly) to verify who I was because my Kodiaq is on finance.

So I'm not entirely sure if there is a single benefit to having the Connect app?
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Old and Grumpy

Re: Another SKODA Connect App feature that doesn't work!

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Certainly not worth paying an annual fee!
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm

I suppose a trip to the dealer is a small price to get your ID verified to enable the remote lock/unlock function, rather than some random monkey being able to remotely unlock your car using their phone.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:45 pm

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:52 pm
So I'm not entirely sure if there is a single benefit to having the Connect app?
I think you have just concluded what we all did ages ago lol.
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

munkie133

Post by munkie133 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:53 am

Let me know how you get on after you get verified. I got verified but mine still doesn’t work!
2018 Kodiaq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 am

Kenny R wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm
I suppose a trip to the dealer is a small price to get your ID verified to enable the remote lock/unlock function, rather than some random monkey being able to remotely unlock your car using their phone.
518 mile round trip :o

I'm getting about 37mpg on a run out of the VRS so 63 litres of diesel......not a "small price" :D
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:50 am

SkodaVRS1963 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 am
Kenny R wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm
518 mile round trip :o

I'm getting about 37mpg on a run out of the VRS so 63 litres of diesel......not a "small price" :D
There is a Skoda dealership in Bath. You don't have to go to the dealer you bought the car from.. Any Skoda franchise should be able to deal with this issue.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

James Sportline 2020

Post by James Sportline 2020 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:15 pm

:geek:

Hi, I've just picked up a 2020 Sportline and having this very same issue. The dealership submitted by ID, I then got a confirmation email to say my Skoda Connect ID is activated. However, when I try to remotely lock the doors - that message pops up 'visit your local Skoda partner with your driver's license...etc....'

Anyone actually got this feature working?

Currently Skoda service have assigned a case manager to investigate and will call me back in next couple of days.

Any insight is most welcomed!

Cheers all
James

2.0 TDI 150PS ,4x4 Kodiaq Sportline Feb 2020
James
Manchester - Kodiaq Sportline 7 seat DSG 150PS 2020 MK2

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 am

A trip back to the dealers to get verified. They need your driving licence to prove identity. I had it activated and I've used it once to try it out. Never needed it since but will probably be one of those things that I'd wished I'd activated had I not have bothered and suddenly found that I had no access to the car if the key developed a fault.
Ordered an Edition 4x4 DSG 150ps in business grey- Area view pack- driver assistance pack- Virtual cockpit- Led pack- Remote folding rear seats- Heated screen- Childrens pack

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 am

I know my Kodiaq was a 2107, but I found the app completely useless. I had hoped it had improved, but apparently not! I think Skoda (VAG) are trying to run before they can walk. They should have consulted Mitsubishi. The app fo my Outlander PHEV was faultless and could even turn the heater on remotely while I was having brekky!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00