Settings question: Ambient lighting settings

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
J-R

Settings question: Ambient lighting settings

Post by J-R » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am

It is straightforward to change the color of the door lighting strips, or to turn them off, but I couldn't find an explanation anywhere regarding what the difference is between "Automatic" and "Manual" in this screen:

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

wokwon

Re: Settings question: Ambient lighting settings

Post by wokwon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi J-R,
It's a MY19 change, where you can save a colour for each driving mode (sport, normal, comfort) and have the system automatically change the screen and trim colours when you change driving mode.

See my attached image.

Capture.PNG

---
MY19 Skodiaq 132TSI

J-R

Post by J-R » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:59 am

Thanks wokwon, this had remained a mystery until now. :)

So, is the idea that when I am in, for example, Sport driving mode and I change the ambient color to red, then it will always turn red when I switch into Sport mode? (Of course, with the setting at Automatic.) And if I change the color to blue while in Normal mode, then each time I change into Normal mode, the ambient lighting will turn to blue?

I guess I'll have to play with it and see if it works this way.

Appreciate the response!

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

wokwon

Post by wokwon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 am

I think that is correct but I don't actually have a Skodiaq yet so I'm not sure.

I'm just a weirdo who reads too much.
---
MY19 Skodiaq 132TSI

J-R

Post by J-R » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:22 am

I also read a lot about the car before buying it. :)

So, I spent some time playing with these settings (which are NOT explained well in the manual), but I couldn't figure out how to customize anything. It seems that there are hard-coded colors for each driving mode (e.g., green for Eco, white for Normal, red for Sport) and they change automatically as per the currently selected drive mode. I couldn't find any way to choose the color for each drive mode, which seems kind of dumb, especially as I don't like the "default" colors. If anyone understands this better than I, please post here!

I guess I'll just stick with Manual mode and the colors that I (or the kids) like best. Truly, it's kind of a silly feature in the first place! :|

Cheers,
JR

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”