Settings question: Store seat position - Vehicle key activated

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
J-R

Settings question: Store seat position - Vehicle key activated

Post by J-R » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:37 am

Hi all,

I have been unable to find answers to a number of questions in the manual (searching the PDF file, version 11/2018) or in this forum. I am hoping that someone will be able to answer or point me in the right direction.

Here is the first one. I will post each of the others separately in case it makes sense to have a separate thread for each.

In Settings / Seat Settings there is an option for Store seat position - "Vehicle key activated". My car has electric seats with three memories, but it apparently does NOT have personalisation profiles as described in the manual (I could find none of the referenced personalisation settings, including in the Configuration Wizard). I could not find this option mentioned anywhere. What does it do? I would love if the car would retrieve seat and mirror positions for my wife and me separately, based on which key fob was used to unlock the car!

Thanks in advance!
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

J-R

Re: Settings question: Store seat position - Vehicle key activated (SOLVED)

Post by J-R » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:09 pm

OK, I found an answer to this one in the local (Israel) user guide (which is in Hebrew, which is not easy for me to read!). Not sure why this doesn't appear in the English-language manual...

It says that for Kodiaqs with power seat adjustments, but without the driver personalisation settings (which appears to be my car), that ticking the "Vehicle key activated" setting will set seat and mirror positions for each key fob as it is used to unlock the car. This is great news, as it is the most important driver-personalisation setting to my wife and me.

We just spent 15 minutes playing with it and this is how it works: the current seat and mirror positions are saved and associated with a key fob when this setting is on and that key fob is used to lock the car (there is apparently no active way to save these settings, they are saved automatically every time the car is locked). Then, when the car is opened with that key fob (and the driver's door is opened), the seat and mirrors adjust themselves accordingly. It works well!

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Silverfoxed

Re: Settings question: Store seat position - Vehicle key activated (SOLVED)

Post by Silverfoxed » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks for this J-R, what is Bolero that you refer to in your signature? Cheers
J-R wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:09 pm
OK, I found an answer to this one in the local (Israel) user guide (which is in Hebrew, which is not easy for me to read!). Not sure why this doesn't appear in the English-language manual...

It says that for Kodiaqs with power seat adjustments, but without the driver personalisation settings (which appears to be my car), that ticking the "Vehicle key activated" setting will set seat and mirror positions for each key fob as it is used to unlock the car. This is great news, as it is the most important driver-personalisation setting to my wife and me.

We just spent 15 minutes playing with it and this is how it works: the current seat and mirror positions are saved and associated with a key fob when this setting is on and that key fob is used to lock the car (there is apparently no active way to save these settings, they are saved automatically every time the car is locked). Then, when the car is opened with that key fob (and the driver's door is opened), the seat and mirrors adjust themselves accordingly. It works well!

JR

J-R

Re: Settings question: Store seat position - Vehicle key activated

Post by J-R » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

what is Bolero that you refer to in your signature?
As I understand it, the Kodiaq is offered with three levels of infotainment system: Columbus, Amudsen and Bolero. Details can be seen about half way down this page: http://www.skoda-auto.com/world/connectivity

Cheers,
JR

P.S. Re the topic here: We totally LOVE that the car automatically adjusts the seat height and position and side mirrors for each of us, depending on whose keyfob opened the car (whether by pressing the remote unlock button or Kessy at the car). For decades, I couldn't slide myself into the driver's seat because my (petite) wife always slides the seat all the way forward (unless she remembered to slide it back when she got out). This feature has got to be up there with having 7 seats, adaptive cruise control (which works great!), and activate lane assist (also works great!). Our bear is less than two weeks old, but we are really enjoying it!

davidb

Post by davidb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Just a word of warning on the seat linked to key fobs. We had a problem with what we thought was intermittent operation of this. It was annoying trying to get in the car when the seat is right up against the steering wheel, my wife's position of driving. The dealer explained that this feature can be switched off by pressing the door handle twice when locking the car. Since knowing this we have had less issues, in actual fact I cant think of it happening at all.
SE L 1.4TSI (150) 4*4 Manual
memory drivers seat, space saver wheel, rough rd pack, rear view camera, dynamic chassis control

J-R

Post by J-R » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:11 am

this feature can be switched off by pressing the door handle twice when locking the car
Thanks for the heads up, David, I didn't know about this.

Does this turn off the feature just for the next time the car is unlocked, or does it permanently turn off this feature?

Thanks,
JR

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”