Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Maps Update JULY 2018

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
New maps update is here... at least over the air (SD card edition coming in August):

#2 ·
Odd.

I distinctly remember checking the portal a while back, possibly two months or so ago, and there being a map update ready for download.
I didn't have the time or the storage capacity to download it at the time, so decided to leave it for another day.

Holiday is looming and Roman's post above reminded me to update my maps. So I enter my VIN into the portal, and the earlier update is no longer there.

I can see the following possibilities:
a) the car has installed these over the air itself
b) the map update has been rescinded due to impending August update
(c) unicorns

If it is (a) then it must have done so using the built-in Vodafone SIM, because the free 3 SIM I put in there (like others here on this forum) only gives you 200MB per month. And the portal states you need a 32GB SD card.

Using the 3 SIM it would take 16 months at minimum theoretically (i.e. no data overhead, no missed packets, no other data usage).

Q: does the dealer install map updates if required during the servicing of the Kodiaq?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.