Receiver end phone call quality

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Drew

Receiver end phone call quality

Post by Drew » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:44 am

I have been receiving comments when I call people either via Bluetooth or CarPlay that there is an interference whining noise their end. It seems to stop when start stop kicks in to turn off the engine. I don't know where to go with this as I am sure the dealer will not be able to fault find this as it sounds like a ground loop issue. Any suggestions?
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 edition 4x4 DSG with electric tow bar, canton system, spare wheel, heated front screen, quartz grey - arriving at Arbury Leamington Spa Monday and collecting Thursday 6th April.

Gloucskodi

Re: Receiver end phone call quality

Post by Gloucskodi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 am

Haven't had this and I regularly call.
Could be worth checking with a different usb charger/lead /and then a different phone just to make sure nothing is being picked up there.
Otherwise sounds like one for the dealer
1.4 se-l 2wd dsg.
Petrol blue alcantera beige
Reversing camera, heated front screen

Krish

Post by Krish » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 pm

I do have this problem as well. I am thinking of going to dealer this coming Tuesday to get it checked. I was driving a 2011 ford focus before, people never knew I was driving. So being a new car in 2017, the noise cancellation technology should have improved. May be I have a faulty microphones in the car.
Ordered: Quartz Grey Edition 2.0 TDI DSG 4X4 on 8.9.17. Collected Car 7.11.17.
Options: Child Pack, Heated Wind Screen and Washer, Travel Assist, Rear Camera, Front & rear Parking Sensors, textile floor mats, rear seat backrest release and Mud Flaps.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Possibly (but unlikely I would have thought) the alternator . I have had a whine on cars before in the radio caused by the alternator.
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Esnw33430

Post by Esnw33430 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 pm

When on Bluetooth is it charging via a cable?
Ordered 24/10/17 build w46, arrived 23/12/17. Edition TDI 190 7 sp dsg 4x4 / 7 seats / acc / folding towbar / heated wheel with dsg paddles in petrol blue. I'm in Wigan :D :D

Drew

Post by Drew » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 am

When on Bluetooth it is not charging and also the whining is there with CarPlay so connected and audio is then via USB. Didn't have the issue with same iPhone in my 2015 Octavia scout
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 edition 4x4 DSG with electric tow bar, canton system, spare wheel, heated front screen, quartz grey - arriving at Arbury Leamington Spa Monday and collecting Thursday 6th April.

Esnw33430

Post by Esnw33430 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:43 am

Ok so that rules out power supply issues on 12v socket or use ( as it still does it when isolated from vehicle power circuits).

If it were an issue with feedback / signal injection on the output side of the amp etc it would still be heard over the speakers via any input ( injected after processing), if you hear it on a few inputs only (BT and carplay) then it's either the input device / path to processing device or processing device itself.

Effectively a bug hunt that's going to take time, do you have any other devices that can be connected in the same way (another phone or tablet) to see if the same issues are there? Remember that Apple devices are similar so maybe try a different vendor completely?

Keep notes of what you try to save repeating yourself and will make it easier to explain to the dealers when you need their help.
Ordered 24/10/17 build w46, arrived 23/12/17. Edition TDI 190 7 sp dsg 4x4 / 7 seats / acc / folding towbar / heated wheel with dsg paddles in petrol blue. I'm in Wigan :D :D

Dozz

Post by Dozz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 pm

@Drew When I’m on a call and the stop/start turns the engine on a lot of people have asked me “ what’s that noise”. I was just wondering if this is similar to your issue???
150bhp, 2 wheel drive, DSG, diesel, Ambition model with some extras.
Ireland

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”