Re: Data usage of Kodiaq

Post by romanv » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:58 pm

You need to activate SIM.

BearNecessity

Post by BearNecessity » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

You can in fact also register for a free 200MB per month SIM from Three

https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order
2.0 DSG TSi Edition 7 seat in Quartz Grey, Panoramic Roof, ACC, Heated Screen/Rear Seats, Folding Towbar, Park/Trailer/Travel Assist, 360 Camera, Crew & Child Packs, Virtual Pedal, Ambient Lighting, Tri-zone climate, Road Sign Recognition

Skodiaq79

Post by Skodiaq79 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi all,

What size sim do you need? I’m looking at getting one, rather than relying on my phone being in the car!
Colchester, England - 2.0 TSI, DSG 4X4, 7 seat Edition in Quartz Grey, 19" Triglav, Canton sound system, spare wheel, aluminium pedals, elec. towbar, heated steering + paddles, ACC, heated windscreen + washer, area view + trailer assist - Wk 42 build

BearNecessity

Post by BearNecessity » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Most SIM cards are provided with all 3 sizes:

Standard, Micro and Nano. You just pop out the part you need from the plastic carrier.

The Kodiaq takes a “standard” size - i.e the largest of the 3 sizes.
2.0 DSG TSi Edition 7 seat in Quartz Grey, Panoramic Roof, ACC, Heated Screen/Rear Seats, Folding Towbar, Park/Trailer/Travel Assist, 360 Camera, Crew & Child Packs, Virtual Pedal, Ambient Lighting, Tri-zone climate, Road Sign Recognition

Skodiaq79

Post by Skodiaq79 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:17 am

BearNecessity wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm
Most SIM cards are provided with all 3 sizes:

Standard, Micro and Nano. You just pop out the part you need from the plastic carrier.

The Kodiaq takes a “standard” size - i.e the largest of the 3 sizes.
Cheers BearNecessity, I’m looking at ordering one now.
Colchester, England - 2.0 TSI, DSG 4X4, 7 seat Edition in Quartz Grey, 19" Triglav, Canton sound system, spare wheel, aluminium pedals, elec. towbar, heated steering + paddles, ACC, heated windscreen + washer, area view + trailer assist - Wk 42 build

aerodynamic18

Post by aerodynamic18 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:26 pm

just received the '3' sim as recommended earlier in the post. Popped it in and after telling it i only want to use it for data it worked correctly and easily. Well happy now to get rid of the annoying red globe at the top of the screen and it all works 100% and even 4G too :) Also tried the flash and honk function and was very happy to see it all working too. (tho doubt ill ever need it in the real world lol)
SE-L 7 seater,petrol blue 2.0 4x4 manual. With canton, led interior pack, kids pack, rear camera, front and rear sensors, colour maxi dot, floor mats, space saver wheel and mudflaps

Paymaster

Post by Paymaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 am

Aero, what did you have to do to activate the sim?
190 DSG Edition 4x4 with ACC and other stuff in Petrol Blue

RogerWW

Post by RogerWW » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Have inserted a 3 Nework Data Sim (Free data sim) in external slot.Switched on the Business Phone tick box and the Data Only tick box. Doesn't seem to be working. What should I expect to see on screen if working correctly? Also does it have to be activated in a certain way, didn't ask for pass key etc.
Edition, 2.0 TSI, 180PS, (7 Seats) 4x4, DSG. Moon White Metalic, Black leather. 19" Sirius Alloys, Front & Rear Sensors/Camera, Travel Assist, Ambient Lighting, Heated Screen/Washers, Sunroof, Adaptive CC, Space Saver.
Ord 1/8/17, BW 17/9/17.

Paymaster

Post by Paymaster » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Is it really that simple, I’ve ordered the sim so what else do I need to do?
190 DSG Edition 4x4 with ACC and other stuff in Petrol Blue

RogerWW

Post by RogerWW » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm

RogerWW wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 pm
Have inserted a 3 Nework Data Sim (Free data sim) in external slot.Switched on the Business Phone tick box and the Data Only tick box. Doesn't seem to be working. What should I expect to see on screen if working correctly? Also does it have to be activated in a certain way, didn't ask for pass key etc.
Update.
Eventually got online with Skoda Connect in the car this afternoon. Car internal sim connected to 3 Network eventually, not sure how good the 3 Network is in my area i.e. Village.. Took a few minutes to upload the Skoda Connect data into info system, assume this may be due to being my first initial login etc. Even so surprised it took so long as screen/globe indicated 4G signal in operation. Still not convinced all is well as when signal strength went to 3G, screen came up connection lost, then some 10 minutes later when 4G signal came back I still couldn't get skoda connect back up running. Even after some 20 minutes of 4G still no skoda connect. Will get back on to skoda dealer tomorrow. Seems I may have an up and down connection as reported by a few on here before. Very frustrating.
Edition, 2.0 TSI, 180PS, (7 Seats) 4x4, DSG. Moon White Metalic, Black leather. 19" Sirius Alloys, Front & Rear Sensors/Camera, Travel Assist, Ambient Lighting, Heated Screen/Washers, Sunroof, Adaptive CC, Space Saver.
Ord 1/8/17, BW 17/9/17.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”