Google Street View

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
bother

Google Street View

Post by bother » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:22 am

I can't seem to get Google Street View working.

I've got the Columbus unit connected to my phone working as a hotspot and successfully activate and see Google Earth maps, but when I click on a particular location, 'Google Street View' is greyed out on the pop-up box that appears.

Help?!
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver

Gloucskodi

Re: Google Street View

Post by Gloucskodi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:47 pm

You'll need a data link up and running from your phone for Google earth. WiFi teathering worked for me
I've found it temperamental though, and once I got it working I then didn't bother again with it!
1.4 se-l 2wd dsg.
Petrol blue alcantera beige
Reversing camera, heated front screen

$k0d1ak

Post by $k0d1ak » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:01 am

bother wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:22 am
I can't seem to get Google Street View working.

I've got the Columbus unit connected to my phone working as a hotspot and successfully activate and see Google Earth maps, but when I click on a particular location, 'Google Street View' is greyed out on the pop-up box that appears.

Help?!
So, I use the hotspot on my iPhone and can select Google Street View in the Navigation screen and get the google maps, but I cannot seem to see street view like in Google Maps on a desktop or mobile, and the button for the 'peg' (person icon) is greyed out...
Any clues?
2.0TDI 150bhp DSG, Style trim
Candy White
7 seats, Sunroof, Towbar, Canton, ACC, Lane Assist
Ordered 2017-04-08 in Ireland

bother

Post by bother » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:28 am

Gloucskodi wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:47 pm
You'll need a data link up and running from your phone for Google earth. WiFi teathering worked for me
I've found it temperamental though, and once I got it working I then didn't bother again with it!
Thanks for the reply. I have the data connection bit sorted fine thanks. No issues there.

Plus Google Earth background works fine too.

It's specifically Google Street Maps that I can't get working. Whenever I tap on the map and get a pop up dialogue with the 'Google Street Map' menu item showing it's greyed out and not selectable.

$k0d1ak

Post by $k0d1ak » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:35 am

bother wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:28 am
Gloucskodi wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:47 pm
Thanks for the reply. I have the data connection bit sorted fine thanks. No issues there.

Plus Google Earth background works fine too.

It's specifically Google Street Maps that I can't get working. Whenever I tap on the map and get a pop up dialogue with the 'Google Street Map' menu item showing it's greyed out and not selectable.
I think there is a setting in the Settings for Google, maybe that’s not enabled?
2.0TDI 150bhp DSG, Style trim
Candy White
7 seats, Sunroof, Towbar, Canton, ACC, Lane Assist
Ordered 2017-04-08 in Ireland

bother

Post by bother » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 am

If there is, I'm struggling to find it.

The only Google setting I've found is the main 'Google Earth™' on/off checkbox in the 'view' menu

davidb

Post by davidb » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:07 am

The only ting l can think of looking at is what type of connection does your phone have, l would expect google to be ok with 3&4g but struggle with 2g.

Stab in the dark but worth eliminating as an issue.
SE L 1.4TSI (150) 4*4 Manual
memory drivers seat, space saver wheel, rough rd pack, rear view camera, dynamic chassis control

bother

Post by bother » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:51 am

Same issue when connected via phone using either wifi hotspot or Bluetooth rSAp on a strong 4G connection.

Also same issue when car is sat on house drive connected to home wifi with 40Mbps broadband connection.

To confirm, the Google Earth maps are working fine and load pretty fast, it's just the Street View.

Has anyone actually got Street View to work ok?

Jersey Boy

Post by Jersey Boy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:01 pm

At the risk of asking an obvious question, has the location you are trying to open in Street View been captured by a Google camera car? Might be worth double checking by opening Street View on desktop or phone and seeing if it works as expected for that location...if not captured then you will be able to pick up the little man icon but not able to put him down in the intended spot!

Apologies if stating the b....y obvious - sometimes worth checking the basics with these things to avoid hours of frustration :)
Ordered 29 July - Edition, 2.0 TDI, 150 HP DSG. Black with black leather, area view, paranoramic sunroof, retractable towbar, child pack, fold down tables, Canton sound system, media command and front seat isofix :D

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Does the function even work in cars?
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”